1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Ignitech

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Sep 21, 2017.

1. I asked below about FCR jetting however when I swapped my Ignitech over to the Kukosans it ran ok. It just doesn't seem to like the Ignitech much. It's got the standard Kukosan map on it. Would be thought that would be ok if it runs on the boxes.

2. I've got Ignitech & FCRs on mine (M900) and it works very well.

They are susceptible to picking up interference from HT leads etc. though which gave me irregular timing at idle until I re-routed the wiring and I had a big initial problem from a certain laptop that seemed to corrupt the setup whenever used to programme it but, that over and especially after fitting a TPS it is now much smoother and more progressive, whilst still giving that instant power delivery when required.

3. What TPS did you get?

4. It's a Keihin branded TPS, fits onto the end of the throttle shaft. I had to change the shaft for a longer one - TPS was supplied with the shaft and a bracket although the bracket wasn't substantial enough for my liking so I made a new one.

Some pics;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fitting it allows another 'dimension' in the ignition map, meaning you can get a different advance based on throttle opening and RPM rather than, at the moment just RPM. Made the throttle response much less on/off whilst not losing the ability to just whack it open and get full throttle immediately.

I got the TPS from 'Frank MX' in Holland; http://www.frankmxparts.com/ price was reasonable and he was very knowledgeable and helpful.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Duke, thanks for that, I've been in contact with Liam Venter over in NZ as he does a TPS and mount. I'll contact Frank MX as I have got several jets from him and know they are a good supplier.

Looks the business thanks again as I feel the improvements are worth it to get maximum out of my mods.

6. I'd second Dukedesmo - Rerouting the pickup wires as far away from the coils and ht leads does give a noticeable improvement - much smoother. I also wrapped them in (self adhesive) aluminium foil to shield them

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information