1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help With Uk Accents - Gogglebox

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by everclear, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Would like to put a name to the accents you have, the differences are clear but I have no idea of where the speaker comes from, so this is one way. For anyone who watches Gogg (am watching s10 over here), can you respond with the accent origins/names of these ( and any other) regulars :upyeah::

• Jenny and Lee -

• Ellie and Izzie –

• Malone Family –

• Giles and Mary -

And yes I know this an odd thread :bucktooth:

2. Is Google broken?

3. Google doesn't say X and Y, with their Geordie or whatever accents ... but thanks for that informative response :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hull - East Yorkshire
    Leeds - West Yorkshire
    Yorkshire accent varies depending on which Riding you are from
    Manchester - Mancunian
    Wiltshire - Posh

All from Google

5. Thanks bud.
    Your commentary didn't come from google but I am sympathetic to your Last Word Syndrome.

6. I love gogglebox :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. i cant watch it, maybe if they used subtitles.

8. Watching people watching TV? No thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. You are not wrong with the Yorkshire accents part . Even the rest of yorkshire can't understand people from Barnsley.

10. Where the feck is Barnsley ?

11. It's a bit like Cleethorpes but further in land. Blokes call other blokes ''cock" or "luv" and the ladies have a reputation although a copper once said of Barnsley that you could drop 10 tonnes of sand from a mile up over Barnsley town centre and not hit a lady...

I quite like the place. Friendly folk.
    IMG_20180622_094026.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information