1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lengy1209, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Get bike fettled for the new season. Starts fine. Idles fine. It’s warm now. Clutch in. First gear. Crunches to a stall. Any ideas?

2014 hyperstrada 821

SOLVED.

BLOODY KICK STAND.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. We’ve all been there @Lengy1209 I still can’t get used to it on the Monster I’ve got. Still it’s not as bad as the 748 which retracts automatically as soon as weight is taken off it, you only make that mistake once :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Schoolboy error

4. I was much nearer a schoolboy then than now.

5. I had a Suzuki that flicked it up it's own side-stand. A cracked belly pan later (it fell over on its own) I hooked a bungee through the vented front disc and other end round side-stand spur you put your toe on to flick it out. Stupid design that was.

6. How the F did you ride with it like that. I kind of understand the automatic flick up side stand thing, there's no way you'll ground out with that by mistake! I just wish the dealer had told me about it. I collected the bike, rode it home, parked it in the garage, came out the next morning full of pride, straddled it, stood up to check I had the garage keys in my pocket, stepped off the bike to be able to get access to my pockets, not having retracted the side stand voluntarily and then watched it fall over :scream::scream::scream:. WTF. What happened there?:eek::eek:. Now I know. It's still got the scars 20 years later :(

#7 West Cork Paul, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. My capsize was very similar. Parked it up in concrete floor plastic shed. Hour later heard a crash and saw side of shed bulging!! That was the 2nd fall. First one was on flat path in front of house; walked in, took gear off then smack. Bike on its side with a cracked lower left belly pan panel. I was so angry when I picked it up I punched the top of the tank and nearly dented that!
    The stop lug on the frame for the side stand stopped the stand at a dead 90 degrees to the horizontal line of the bike. So if a dog pee’d against your bike on level ground it was enough to roll the thing forward and on to its side.

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. Been there; done that; on a new 848..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information