1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helpful Advice On 899/1199 Exhaust Fitment

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jolley, Nov 29, 2018.

1. A chap contacted a main dealer to ask if the 1199 under belly pipes I am selling would fit his 899. This is the expert technical advice he was given:
    A562BFA2-8AB9-4024-9E9F-428B988B7120.jpeg
    Now, correct me if I am wrong, but an 899/1199 do not have a manifold (it has headers), the manifold (headers!) are irrelevant anyway as this just bolts to the clamp after the headers meet (the same type and size on 899 and 1199), and because it bolts on after the clamp/valve, there certainly won’t be any errors from a missing valve, because you don’t touch it!

2. 1199 & 899 manifolds are the same, in fact the whole exhaust system is interchangeable.
    That’s the trouble with asking experts!
    Kev

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. different diameter....ie perhaps too big 1199 gases versus 899 gases...

exhaust tuning is a science and the too bigger exhaust may well kill the power of the 899..

4. But they aren’t different diameter. Sure, the Termi full system is a bigger diameter, bit the flange with 3 bolts after the flapper valve that the silencers bolt to is the same on the OEM 899 and 1199.

5. are they the same part number then?

6. I doubt it, but then the 1299 silencers are not the same part number as the us959 silencers and they are visually the same and interchangeable. The Termi kit won’t be the same part number anyway, because originally it came with an upmap that was model specific.

7. 1199 and 899 exhausts are the same, they share the same part numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you! So it will bolt on, and the other scare story from the dealer about the flapper valve is irrelevant because it isn’t touched.

9. Maybe it was the question asked? Maybe the question was replace the system, ie from the heads all back, so it would affect the valve.

10. Just to clarify too. I had a 1199 with termi which was written off. I replaced with a 899 and the cans swapped straight over. I simply had to swap the upmap with a member on here.

11. Not really. The answer is super confused. Either you’re fitting the silencers only, which might have meant the header size is a problem (even though it isn’t), or you are putting a full system on which causes the flapper valve error (which is easily resolved without an upmap).... you can’t have both problems regardless of what question you ask... just a load of confused nonsense, at least half of which is incorrect.

12. Unless header size affects figment to the head or engine clearance? Sounds like ‘trot out stock answer’ response

13. All 899/959/1199/1299 head fitments are exactly the same.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information