1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All My Rs250 And New To Me 748

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Michael Golding, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Hi all just picked up this 748, needs abit of work but i think i got it at the right price. Going to be doing bits to it over the winter, Also here is a picture of my rs250 that hasn’t turned a wheel in 4 years (i know its sacrilege ) 10A407DD-13EC-48AE-BF8E-744EA14AD75C.jpeg 4D1491AE-F792-426C-8E90-DB654A3B7B47.jpeg 4906D62A-A955-4A1F-A049-57719453F002.jpeg 634FC5B9-DD5A-4BFF-81EA-BFACBFD29D8E.jpeg

• Like Like x 20
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Still never come across any bike with a power band kick in like an RS250.
    Welcome

3. yes its a lovely bike to ride, also great to just look at in the garage

4. Lovely, I had an RS125 in that colour, and was my dream to get the 250 in that colour but I went ZXR400 as it was a bit easier to live with when I was 18, then by the time I had cash they were expensive.

I have had a Loris Regiani mk1 250 which was good but not as good as the newer mk2's. I also recently had an RGV250 VJ23 (The last one, the 70 degree with digital oil pump and dry magnesium clutch etc), and I've rebuilt another RS125 also in the last few years. Welcome in

5. hi, yes i had the diablo colour rs125 when i was 17 and always wanted the 250, went for a rvf400 and then a couple of 600s but the rs was always on my mind, then 7 or 8 years ago that came up, so glad i got it because like you said the prices are crazy now for them.
    Same with the Ducati always wanted one when i was a kid, so just had to get this one.

6. Welcome to the forum Michael.:)

7. Thanks mate.

8. Loving that aprilla,:upyeah:

9. thank you :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome.

Highly stimulated as I had an RS250 in the early 90's; quite a machine. I tried to buy another a few years ago but the prices were getting silly.

I remember my mate following me in his motor to drop it off for some work. We were on Edinburgh by-pass and I dropped the hammer for fun and disappeared in a cloud of blue, fragrant smoke. When he eventually arrived to collect me he larfed and said it had caused him to check his speed as he thought his motor had packed up as he watched me disappear.

Happy-daze...

• Like Like x 2
  11. good times, you cant beat the smell of a 2stroke ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Gorgeous bikes.

Love the RS250, a proper weapon when running sweet and setup. I remember having an epic battle with one around Pembrey, a track which suits it perfectly.

Welcome to the forum.

13. Thanks mate, i love the fact on a Ducati forum the rs is still getting love, true bike enthusiasts :upyeah:

14. The 748 looks very original (apart from the stickers) from a quick glance. :cool:
    Welcome

15. Yes it seems to be all there, and the price was great so i just had too. Its not done much since 2013 and done around 8 miles in the last 3 years to the mot station and back, so will be getting a full service including belts, and it just needs a bloody good clean.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 02

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nice intro. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information