1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by DucatiRepairer, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Good evening all.
    Firstly I would like to say thanks to El Toro for accepting me as a member.

I have a plan and would like to get everyone’s opinion (If possible).

I have been around Ducati’s for a few years now and absolutely loving them. I am at the point now where I am thinking of opening a small/medium sized bike garage (for repairs only not sales. I have 2 full Ducati trained technicians on toe who have around 14 years experience on Ducati’s between them. They also have other brand training too. I know that we will have limits to what we can do as Ducati hold a lot of power with software but I am thinking that there is still a window there for Ducati riders to get repairs, rebuilds, etc done without the average £70 per hour price tag but am with the same standards.

I am thinking that’s the location would be around the central Scotland area.

I am open to views, opinions and ideas.
    We are at the early stages just now but want to be prepared before we go full steam ahead.
    What you guys think

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ps I’m sure you are aware of not only Ducati Glasgow and the soon to be opened Ducati Dundee?

5. Welcome to the forum.

6. If you can provide a first class service with undercutting the dealers hourly rates you'll have a licence to print money anywhere in the UK.
    Follow your dreams and adventures good luck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hi, yeah I’m very aware of this. I have done a lot of homework (maybe too much

8. Sounds like a good idea newbie repairer.
    A bit of healthy competition and choice

welcome into our mad house :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks ducbird,

10. welcome and good luck :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks Cookser

• Like Like x 1
  12. Greetings!

If you provide the same or better for less -and enough people are aware of it- you should do very well. I hope you do.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for the comment.
    I am sure we have enough in our armoury to be just as good if not better. There is a lot of things we will be doing differently. Watch this space

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome and good luck!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hi and welcome :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hi all,

just thought I would pop back with some feedback on my initial post.

The workshop is now open

We are already at 110mph with work. We want to keep this going so if anyone has a Ducati they want looked at then please get in touch. We are in the Glasgow area.

currently we have 2 Ducati/Honda/BMW trained technicians. These guys are magicians.

if you want any work done on your bike be it Desmo service, accessory fitting, etc then please do get in touch.

thanks again.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Congratulations!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome and good luck. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information