1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Everybody...looking For A Ducati To Add To Stable

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mikeey43, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Hi everybody...it is Mike from the interior of British Columbia. I am looking to add another Ducati. I currently have a ST4 and I am looking for a good sport bike that would be in the 2005 to 2015 (900 to 1200 cc) and possibly have mapping which would probably rule out the earlier 2005 to 2010 years...however it is not an absolute requirement.

What would you Ducati aficionados suggest for a great bike? Ducati side view wo paniers.jpg

I am not looking for a collector's piece.

And if you are looking for a great place to ride...come and try BC. The roads are wicked and will test your riding skills..Thanks, Mike

2. welcome mike

3. Welcome, a 1098/1198 might be what your looking for.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I second this.

5. 12514008_zpsafe1c9b7.jpg 1098s

• Like Like x 1
  6. any particular year is preferable for the 1098?

7. Yes, the 1198 years! :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. can we narrow that done. do the later years have any mapping available...:)

9. Defo 1198 .

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. No need to narrow it down, any 1198 :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. All 1098 and 1198 models can be mapped

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. As said above, any with an 1198 engine (inc the 1098R) as they had the stronger bottom end bearings.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 1*98 series won't give you the rider modes your referring to as mapping but as stated above all of them can be mapped...

An 1198 would be a great choice for you as mentioned above too... Last proper riders superbike without all of the fancy electronic rider aids. Some of them did come with TC though I believe so if it was me I would try a find a good example without :upyeah:

14. thanks for all the good suggestions...i'll try and get one of the suggestions over the winter months

15. +1 for an 1198, although personally I wouldn't rule out the S model - the TC can be switched off if you want to be a "proper rider". Also,if/when you want move it on, a prospective buyer might actually want TC.

16. as i am getting on in age...which of the 898, 899 to 1098, 1099, etc. have the more friendly riding profile....and how much of an issue is the exhaust for heat under the seat? my rides will be limited to approximately 2 hours return on extremely challenging and rough secondary roads in British Columbia so there is a lot of shifting on the seat. i have my eye on a couple which i will attempt to buy when we have tons of snow on the ground. thanks for your input

Do Not Sell My Personal Information