1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Bob In So-cal

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by agent808, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Long time motorcyclist and technician. Just purchased my first Ducati, 1999 996bip. Pretty amazing machine. Planning on doing some refurbishing on it soon. Belts and valve check were done before I got it. It has 13k miles on it. She runs very strong.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome Dave

3. Thank you

4. Welcome Bob - whereabouts are you based in So-Cal? If you can figure out how to post pics of the bike go ahead! :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome agent 808
    Don’t forget the bin in your photo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hello and welcome Bob

7. Welcome Agent BOB :cool::upyeah:

8. Welcome Californian Bob. :) :upyeah:

9. Welcome dude

10. Welcome Ducati Virgin:upyeah:

11. welcome 808.

12. Welcome to the forum. :)

13. Welcome into the mad house secret agent 808

Are your garbage cans secret too We like them

Pics please and will agent 996 be red

:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hi there.

15. Hello there! Welcome to the community.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome dude.

What refurbishments are you thinking of doing?

17. Welcome Bob. My mate has a 996 on around 35,000 miles IIRC, still a storming bike. Has toured with me into Europe on it every year since 2010. Over all these trips it's been more reliable than my VFR and my MV.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Welcome, Agent Red...

19. Thanks for all the warm welcomes, Never have I had a response like this on joining a forum. My new stable mate is yellow, I've ridden it twice and there's a few issues I need to attend to before I'm comfortable running the canyons with it. Upper coolant tank leak, slow crank with a new battery, and a general going over just to make sure its road worthy. But I can tell you that its going to be a really fun machine to ride. Thank you all again.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information