1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Devon

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Jon916, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Hello and thanks for letting me join your forum.
    I am a life long biker and more recently lover of all things Ducati.
    I have previously owned a SS900 and now have a 916, ST4s and Hypermotard 1100s.
    I am an engineer by trade and a born tinkerer so always messing about with my bikes and Classic VWs
    I look forward to being a member of this forum

• Like Like x 4
  2. A good collection, welcome to the forum.

3. Welcome dude. Keep the vw's off this forum please. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hi and welcome. I will take any old vdub off you hands for Wotsits?

5. Welcome Jon :):upyeah:

6. welcome and enjoy

7. Welcome aboard:motorcycleduc::upyeah:.............pictures for the folks please.

8. Welcome to the Forum Jon:upyeah:

9. Welcome aboard!

10. welcome Jon916

11. Welcome DevonJon, I'm just back from a weekend in Solcombe, lovely part of the World :upyeah:

12. Welcome along Jon

13. Thanks for the welcome. I have been "just reading" this forum on and off for a few years, but have finally made the plunge and signed up, helped it has to be said by the discount on CCW timing belts!
    Any way I have owned my 916 for about 8 years now and have probably only covered 4000 miles in that time. I have loved 916s since the first time I saw one and just had to own one. I waited till they bottomed out in value and finally got one for just over £2000. They are still the most beautiful bike ever in my eyes. Sound great and ride lovely, if only I was 20 years younger I might be able to ride it a bit longer without crippling myself. But I love it! I have undoubtedly spent 10 times longer "working" on it rather than riding it.
    I bought the ST4s a couple of years ago and have done more miles on it than the 916. The only trouble I have with it is I ride far too fast for my own good on it. It is so smooth and powerful that I find I am going off the edge of the tyres and hitting silly speeds on the way to work and I fear that it may end badly, so it is up for sale.
    In and attempt to slow me up I have recently bought the Hypermotard which ideally makes 100mph seem fast, but unfortunately may make me into a teenager again!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Welcome Jon.

I'm a Devon based Ducati owner, current bike is a Monster 1200s, (along with a couple of KTM's, 990R Adventure and 400 EXC).

Previous ride was a 748 BP, which I should have kept, purchased it new in 1999, sold it a couple of years back, but like you it was getting uncomfortable, or I was getting older, so lack of use prompted me to sell it.

Monster is now a sunny Sunday ride only, but a great bike for this part of the world.

15. Welcome Dave

16. Devon is a great place. Welcome
    I bought a 1098 after seeing one on a crap film on Netflix
    It is the most beautiful bike about, but the dry clutch irritates me with the racket, and I may sell it for something else.
    I also have a r1200r for commuting, which is comfy, ultra reliable but completely neglected washing wise as there's no point, and a fireblade ,which looks lovely, but I can't quite get comfy on

• WTF WTF x 1
  17. Hey Devon John lurker you should know the rules about picture posting and your bins we like them

:) welcome into our mad house

18. Do you not know about the quiet clutch mod?
    Dead easy to do and will make your basket and plates last much longer as they are no longer bashing themselves to bits.
    Alternatively, you could buy my pampered 999, which comes pre-modded and it's in Devon.

19. The trouble with the 999 is that big gap under the saddle where the exhaust pipes should be

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Hi and welcome lovely part of the world you live in I pass through when I go visit my sister in law in Cornwall
    Pictures of your bikes please

Do Not Sell My Personal Information