1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Kent

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Jean du Plessis, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Hi.
    Just purchased my first Ducati.
    2014 Multistrada (10250 miles )
    Love it.
    Hope it will last.
    After buyin I have read loads of horror stories.
    Please convince me it is a good bike!

2. It’s a great bike. Did that convince you?

And welcome Dave.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fabulous bikes you can't go wrong so they tell me;)and welcome:upyeah:

4. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

5. There she it

F7B0D5DD-E80C-42B6-9E13-70A4DD7BF10F.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Welcome to the mad-house :upyeah:

Any mechanical device can go wrong, the Multistrada is a great bike. No bike is perfect with all problems designed out of them.

7. That is true. I suppose if I’m going to read on forums, I will find horror stories on any Make/model
    People are more likely to post when thing have gone wrong. Like I have in another section

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Especially Multi owners as they are a grumpy bunch :):upyeah:

9. I do like how I can set it to URBAN when in town to lower it bit at the same time bump the power up to 150 in that setting.
    Also, it is soooo comfortable. Came from a speed triple r.
    Always very worried about potholes. Not anymore

10. That's utter bollocks!

Welcome to the forum Jean, top bike. :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Be good to it and itll be good to you....preventative maintenance has always been my mantra....ive got an old 2009 rsv4 factory pre aprc...the worst and most unreliable rsv4. Ive owned it for 8 years and all thats failed on it is a 20 quid tps sensor, but, its get regular servicing and checked over/cleaned and generally looked after, but, i find maintenance relaxing and therapeutic and generally look forward to it....ill be going out in the garage to give the hyper and the zed a clean...

12. welcome - enjoy your bike !!

13. Welcome and enjoy.

14. welcome jean'

15. Welcome and enjoy.
    As with women, treat them nicely, look after them, be ahead of the game to make sure nothing's going wrong to upset them (and therefore you), pay for them to maintain all their bits in a timely fashion and then, on a good day, you and she (as all bikes are 'she') will be able to have a great ride ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hi Jean
    Good to see another forum member from Kent.
    I’m in Medway and ride a DVT Multi, fantastic bike and all day comfort. The boys at Pro Twins look after the servicing on mine (can’t fault them).
    Ride safe & enjoy.
    Doug

17. Hi. Found them on google yesterday and will get the to spend an hour or two to give the bike a good once over. I have only read good things about them.
    Have you had major service work done?

18. Morning buddy,
    Bought my multi new from Protwins when my local dealer wasn’t very helpful. Had both annual services done by them and the recall work.
    When I was after a spare rider/ pillion seat to recover as a comfort seat Pete in spares & servicing got me a set off of a bike they’d had in part ex with slight boot scuff marks real cheap.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information