1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From London...

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by SClondon, Nov 9, 2019.

1. hey folks bit of a lurker until today. I live and work central London and been riding for just 5 years but enjoying a few diff bikes in that short time. Started out on an R9T, switched to an Xdiavel S but that was a lemon with numerous electrical issues. Also got pinched after a few weeks but got it back same night thanks to bike trac. Then had bmw r1200 rs and switched that to my diavel 1260s this summer. Spare set of heated grips in for sale section FYI. Don’t like twitchy fuelling or throttle as you roll off slightly around 3k revs but otherwise super happy. Hoping to do Scotland 500 in spring.

Did a great week in north of Spain , driver dropped the bikes in Bilbao to start the trip which worked great. Also did a fun wheelie day and a very educational day with off duty police riders company showing quicker riding tips.
    Stuart

• Like Like x 3
  2. hello and welcome dude.. I'm in west london. you ever get down the ace cafe? im not far from there and occasionally head there for a cuppa and check the bikes out.. not a great ride at all but a few from here catch up there now and then.

3. Welcome Dave :)

4. Hey still not made it to ace yet, have tended to start at bikeshed given I’m that side of town but I’ll keep a look out for any meet-up postings

• Like Like x 2
  5. Welcome to the Forum Stuart :upyeah:. Used to live in SW London myself for many a year until I moved West. Ace Cafe is easy to get to, right on the N.Circular and is THE original bikers meet up place (pre-hipsters).

6. Welcome along Stuart

7. Welcome aboard and just love the bit about coppers helping you to ride faster.:upyeah:

8. Welcome to the forum

9. Forgot your bins lurker London shirker
    We like pics please include a bike with your bins

:) welcome into our mad house

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FE3A9170-33B1-4D74-B3F6-73D5E2C43ACB.jpeg C94A3AC2-478B-4B9F-8BB4-905B8BC4C166.jpeg
    Nothing great but here she is....

• Like Like x 5
  11. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

12. “Say hello to my little friend “ :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. welcome stuart'

14. Thx all for the nice welcome, hope to be a regular now

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. nice bike.. will look awesome when the paint is top coated!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Welcome fellow London lurker dude. :upyeah:

I’m in north London and on occasion am to be found at the Ace on a Friday night with my son, simultaneously admiring the cunning stunts while also telling him that if I ever see his front tyre leave the ground I’ll confiscate his keys.

Also to be found at the Bikeshed, including tonight, as @Dave has already indicated, so why not show your face?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information