1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi from oilman @ Opie Oils

Discussion in 'Opie Oils' started by oilman, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Opie Oils are the UK's leading "online" independent oil and lubricants retailer. We can offer you a really extensive range of oils and lubricants from 10 major oil manufacturers at prices much lower than the high street and main dealers. Our brands include, Silkolene, Fuchs, Gulf, Castrol, Motul, Mobil, Millers Oils, Shell, Valvoline, Amsoil and Redline.

We stock oils and fluids that meet pretty much all manufacturers and international specifications and can deliver throughout the UK.

We also sell UFI and Mahle filters (oil,air,fuel)
    K&N Filters
    NGK Spark Plugs
    Denso spark plugs (iridium and iridium tough)
    Cleaning,polishing and detailing products from Bild Hamber, Meguiars and Muc-Off

If you would like any oil advice or a recommendation for your bike please feel free to ask and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Finally, if there are any products we don't stock and you have difficulty getting hold of elsewhere, let us know and we'll see if we can stock them.

We look forward to being of help!

Cheers
    Guy, Opie Oils

You can also contact us by phone on +44 1209 215164
    (All oils recommended are available to buy online at my web site)

2. I highly recommend these guys!! Bloody good on price.

3. Hi @oilman
    Can you offer any advice please about high thermal-transfer coolant additives such as Water Wetter or the Motul equivalent?

The manufacturers claim up to 20% better thermal transfer iirc but that is when not used in conjunction with ethylene glycol, which is essential if you want to have antifreeze properties. Most of us keep bikes in cold garages or sheds, although there are exceptions, such as @Exige ;)
    I live in Devon, so don't need the full antifreeze protection of 50% EG. Do you know what ratio of a water wetter type product I can get away with - say 50% water, 25%EG and 25% WW and how much that might improve thermal transfer over the normal 50/50 coolant mix??

4. So, @m@tt perhaps you could explain why you rated my query as crap?

5. Since the thread has popped up I'd just like to put in a big thumbs up for Opie Oils as they do good deals for guys and gals in the racing padd ock. I have been using them this year and inevitably end up realising I'm out of oil two days before races or a test day and calling them in a panic. Great service and they always go out of their way to get dino juice to me as soon as possible. Plus they are Cornish so it's always nice to send my hard earned cash back to Kernow for the natives :)

1710241429.jpg
    1710241566.jpg

6. Quite so.
    I’m not surprised oilman didn’t respond to my query. Can’t really expect him to know every detail about what is a peripheral product for them.
    I get my Motul from them and they give a great service at a great discounted price for our forum.
    Cream on the scone is that they are a Cornish company

• Like Like x 1
  7. I’m constantly miss clicking when using a phone. Wouldn’t necessarily read into it. I tend to check and edit before leaving the page though

• Like Like x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  8. I have no clue - I haven’t rated anything , ever , intentionally ... so must have tapped something whilst viewing the thread

• Like Like x 1
  9. I visit the MV agusta.net site as I have an MV. The gen 1 F4 1000 suffers from running very hot
    There are numerous things talked about on there about getting the bike to run cooler.
    One being using water wetter My understanding is that you completely drain the system and use WW on its own. It's not designed for mixing with normal coolant.
    I have seen a thread on here where somebody blames water wetter for destroying the engine
    I believe its main aim was for racing use as its better than water

10. PS most of the people on the MV site live in California or Sydney where cold is not a problem

11. pretty sure you can mix it but it’s less effective then.
    Ducati’s habitually rum cool. Until they hit a congested road. The the temperature soars and the fans struggle to control the temperature.
    I was hoping a mix of water wetter would allow the rad and fans to be more effective in traffic but the thermostat would keep it from running even cooler on an open road

12. Jam first, then the cream. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. That's an old thread you resurrected on Tony:)

14. He's been thinking of that retort - only took 2 years :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Research takes time dude...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. oil drink to that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. Yoil drink to anything!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Turps?

19. tried meths once.. I don't like this "new" petrol mind - instant headache after just a drop.

20. That's the Ethanol :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information