1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Sunny South Africa

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Mafiaboy, Feb 8, 2019.

1. hey guys,

hi, just joined the forum....been riding bikes all my life, mainly MX
    upgraded to superbikes about 5 years ago and never looked back.
    I only ride on the track as the roads here are just way to dangerous for my liking for a biker.

had one crash so far.... a high side left hand turn (my ego says oil...my head say hot out the corner ...:):):)) other than that its a blast!

been riding my 1299 for 3 years now really enjoy her , previously had the 800 MV Agusta.

IMG_4673.JPG

keep it safe out there.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome Corleone to the forum;):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome into our mad house
    :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hello and welcome to the forum :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome Southern Dude :cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to the ‘Family’.
    I hope the highside didn’t do too much damage to you or the bike.
    Keep safe.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome Dave

8. thanks Guys....

yes not too bad on the high side, was the slowest turn on the track. she is foxed now and ready to go! i

9. welcome mafiaboy'

10. Welcome and enjoy.

11. Welcome along

12. Welcome and enjoy our Ducati forum

13. Howzit boet.
    Welcome to the forum.
    How's life in SA? Where are you?
    I leftl there 3 years ago to return to the UK. I had just had enough of the day to day crap of load shedding, corruption and anarchy, but boy do I miss being able to get the bike out 365 days a year. We had a fab time touring all over the country on bikes under the African sun. It's a bit different here:joy:

14. Except for August when the weather is shit and it snows in Jo'burg.
    How much are BST wheels in Rand?
    I spent years working for Old Mutual based out of Pinelands but left in 2006 and sadly have not been back since despite promising every year!

15. I lived in Jhb for years. I only saw snow once, after 3 years back here, August in Gauteng would feel like May in the Midlands of the UK. The summer thunderstorms over there could be a bugger though.
    We toured all of Mpumalanga, North West, Eastern Cape, Lesotho and the garden route on my Multistrada. Now it's parked in the garage here waiting for spring.:cool:

It's such a damn shame that we felt we had to leave, but life goes on. Would I go back? Probably not, I prefer to keep the memories of the good times:upyeah:

16. I covered the whole country from Nelspruit down a hundred times over. I did a lot of watersports (careful) and safari in the Timbavati and hunting in the Karoo but never got round to touring on bikes. The current Mrs JoeC spent a lot of years in Burkina Faso so we have two good reasons to get back on the continent. If I hadn't been transferred to Geneva I would imagine I would be soaking up the sun (and never quite fully relaxing) right now!

17. I can't tell you how many times, and on how many different bikes I rode the 22 from Hazyview to Sabie, around Blyde River, Graskop etc. Great times.

18. Welcome SA dude. :) :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information