1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi From Swindon

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by GilersST, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Morning,
    Posted in Newbies but thought I would introduce myself here having recently bought a 1998 ST2.
    Not my first duke having previously had an M900 café racer.
    Really impressed with the ST so far, and looking forward to picking some brains.
    Always up for a ride if anyone here is Swindon way.

Giler

• Like Like x 1
  2. hello, and welcome...
    :)

3. welcome - loved "The Office" - any chance of getting David Brent's autograph ?

4. That was Slough!!!!!!!!! About 60 miles away from Swindon!.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. It was "the Swindon lot" who were integrated into the Slough Office - happy days !!

#5 wroughtironron, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome, throw an image up or two.

7. Unfortunately the Office is one of the few things Swindon is known for, along with the Magic roundabout and a currently sh*te football team!

13331168_1213726265334551_6686654431837267517_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Could be worse - at least they're better than Man United :upyeah:

9. Welcome Pal, an underrated bike for sure, enjoy.

10. Thanks Pete

11. I was going to take issue with the comment about STFC. But given that we are one position above the drop zone and worse still below Oxford and Brizzle Rovers, sadly, I can only agree!

12. Not goods days at the Town, I am Swindon born and bred and have followed them since Don Rogers days. Used to go and watch home and away, no more; rather be out on the bike!

13. And it was filmed my brother in laws offices where he is FD :)

14. I grew up in Trowbridge and Don was my boyhood hero. Has he still got the sports shop?

Always a rollercoaster ride following Town. Haven't been for a couple of years, I usually listen on Wiltshire Radio.

Miss PdC now!

15. My wife loves her ST2. She keeps talking about changing it but then cannot be parted from the thing.
    I lived in Highworth for many years and thought that the magic roundabout was great, a true British invention.

16. Hi Wayne. Haven't seen much from you on the UKMOC forum recentl?

17. Still got the sports shop, a least PDC was good value! Used to go through Trowbridge a lot, raced motocross at Farleigh o youth and then Trowbridge Pump Festival on same site.

18. How are you?
    Unfortunately sold the Monster when I bought a Victorian house, it turned into a central heating system! Only sold it on the premise that I would have first refusal, then he old it on grrrr! Believe it is in Bradford upon Avon now. Liking the ST2, will probably turn into a café race eventually :)

19. Ha! Used to go to Farleigh a bit for the Scrambling, as we used to call it and went to the first Village Pump Festival when it was held at The Lamb in Trowbridge. Your Monster now resides in my place of birth!
    PdC was indeed good value but those days were unsustainable sadly. At least Power seems to be keeping us in the black.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information