1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi! Sid From The Usa Here.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Sidney Post, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Hi. I'm looking to become a Ducati owner. Looking around at the USA forums, Ducati doesn't get much traction so, I'm hoping to find a more active community here since the UK is much closer to the motherland in Italy and being in the EU likely means much easier acquisition and support.

I come from a Dual-Sport and Off-Road background so, this time around I'm thinking more street-oriented and not an Adventure behemoth so no BMW GS's or similarly large off-road themed rides.

I also don't need a massive amount of HP either so, while a Yamaha R1 or KTM SuperDuke sound neat they are just too much for me and road use.

I don't think I will wait for an Aprilia Tuono 660 so, today I'm thinking mostly about a Ducati Monster 821 or possibly a KTM Duke 790. KTM service in the USA is certainly a whole lot easier with such a strong dealer network. And, Ducati is a lot stronger than Aprilia even though Ducati's dealer network in the USA is pretty weak.

Best Regards,
    Sid

2. Hi and welcome

3. Greetings Sid! Hows Nancy?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Welcome sid'

5. Bit vicious Jez.
    Hi & welcome

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Hello :upyeah:, go for the Monster, saw one of these the other day and it looked very nice indeed in the flesh and sounded great!!
    Monster-821-Stealth-MY19-05-Gallery-1920x1080.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Greetings Sidney :upyeah:

8. I could have said "hissing" but I didn't...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Unless it's head down and arse in the air i can't comment,;).......but hey welcome on board.:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

10. Hi Sid.

I have a KTM 790 and love it.

11. Thanks for the welcome!

12. Welcome to the Forum Sidney :upyeah:

13. Welcome Texas Sid

[​IMG]

14. Welcome Tex :):upyeah:

15. Welcome to the forum Sid, good luck with your decision and purchase.

16. Hello and welcome to the forum

17. Hey vicious Sid, where are your trash can/rubbish bin pics we like them and it’s a newbie rule and it keeps me happy :)

Welcome into our mad house

18. Hello and welcome Sid.

19. Welcome and enjoy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information