1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Hill Assist

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by spanish, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Wondering if the 1260 has 'hill assist'. Living in the flat lands of Cambridgeshire have really no where to try apart from visiting the dreaded Multi Storey!

2. Yes, though not to be confused with hill hold as it switches itself off after a few seconds... Can't see why it does that but it does.

3. Just semi-stamp on the back brake whilst stopped. Hold on there is two modes on the 1260??? ..@Bumpkin

4. As far as I know, having used the hill-hold feature, you simply pull the front brake lever on quite hard and it will hold for circa 10 seconds or so and similarly with the rear brake pedal likewise, although, I haven't used it with the rear brake yet.
    You do get a visible warning on the dash by the way, to prepare you for dis-connection.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Something I cannot understand why it does not stay on till clutch is releasing. Caught me out on a hill last year. At a junction uphill for more than 7 secs & wow the bikes going backwards. Shat me sen.

• Like Like x 2
  6. A proper hill hold would be more useful - i.e., on until you let the clutch lever out to start moving.

7. 1260s flashes the amber H on the dash just before it disconnects, I’m assuming same for the other models :)

8. To me 'hill hold' is just that, will hold until you attempt to pull away. Can't see the sense in it switching off after a set period, indicating it's doing it or not. The engineers must have done it for a reason but fathomed if I know? The HH function on my DSG VW Tigaun stays on until I move off. Why can't the 1260 do it this way?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. The evoque we had held for 3 seconds. The one on my new vivaro van is about the same. On old Passat 2006 held indefinitely. Prob some safety buff deemed it to not hold.

10. My last Qashqai had a function where it would hold on a hill >3° for 3 seconds. Once you took your foot off the brake, the hill start light on the rev counter would start to blink for 3 secs, then it would release.

My new Qq has a full hill hold function where if you come to a stop and put enough pressure on the foot brake a light activates on the dash no matter on the angle of the road, it will hold indefinitely until you release the clutch and touch the accelerator. Doing either of these independently will not release HH. I assume the driver applies enough pressure on the foot brake and a valve type effort holds the rear brakes on until you try to pull away. A good function and one I'd miss if I didn't have it.

11. Maybe the Ducati rationale is that; you just use it for pulling away, holding conventionally on the brake until a few seconds prior to launch, engage hill assist by pumping brake lever and then set off... However, waiting at a junction on a slope for a gap in traffic doesn't work like that. I haven't consciously used it in the real world yet

12. My missus now has a little fiesta st_line I'm sure that holds till you set off.

13. Hill hold FFS, listen to you all :eek: fek me o_O disable that shit :poop:

Thanks for listening :blush:

:motorcycleduc:…………………………………………………..

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Hey you pi--ock it's a nice feature when stuck going up old man of condition. :kissing::kissing:

15. Coniston feckin spell check

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Keh? Looks like you might need it tbf :):upyeah:

17. I'm shit at the best of times. Nice to have both feet down.

18. I'm not dissing it but a feature like that could make you lose some of your skill set.

19. Yeh like sat on a 3 in 1 at a spurious angle waiting for your mates to catch up. Left foot down right foot on brake. Oh ok you win I used it once. Now I'm back to old school riding tuff as old boots. Sorry got to go to siphon some petrol from cars & Nick my dad's old engine oil to mix my 2 stroke.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Point is if Ducati fit a feature surely it should be 1. Not half a feature. Seriously there will be a reason for it on some European safety issue.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information