1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Hill Hold

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by GG33, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Cant seem to get hill hold to work (1260 Enduro) Does it need to be set in one of the menus or is it always there?

Cheers

GG33

2. On the DVT all you do is pull the brake lever hard when at a standstill, the.light on the dash will come on and start flashing after 8-10 seconds and release a couple of seconds later. You do have to pull the lever quite hard so you are maybe not pulling it hard enough

3. On the regular 1260s it's always there. Long hard squeeze of the lever. Not active with ignition off or side stand down. Two brief squeezes to deactivate or just pull away.

Had a firmware update the other day and it seems like it's activated longer than it was previously, was 9 seconds according to the manual. Will have another proper test of that next time I'm out.

4. Cheers guys. I will have another go.

5. On my 1260S it works well on the front brake but doesn't seem to work on the rear brake pedal. I cant remember now if it ever did or maybe I am not pressing hard enough on the pedal.

6. On my V4s you have to be on a hill of a little more than 10% I would say

7. [QUOTE

Had a firmware update the other day and it seems like it's activated longer than it was previously, was 9 seconds according to the manual. Will have another proper test of that next time I'm out.[/QUOTE]

Also had an update recently and it now seems to stay on for about 20 seconds before it cancels or you move off. Much better than the 10 seconds or so, but would still prefer it to just cancel when you move off, that would make more sense in my mind

8. Glad they have increased the time it holds (not had the update yet), but I know it DOES deactivate as soon as you move off anyway

9. So, I wasn't imagining it then :upyeah::D They didn't tell me about this. Thanks for confirming.

That's good to know and agree that it should be on until you move off. My car does just that. Maybe there's a reason it turns off after a delay. 20 secs is more useful though.

10. It WILL wear your brake pads and discs out much more quickly is the only downside.

11. Yes, working fine, I wasn't pulling the brake hard enough

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ummmm, firmware updates? Sorry to derail, but how are you updating your bikes? :laughing:

Didn't even know that was a thing!

13. Will it?

• Agree Agree x 6

14. Ducati do it at service time.

15. It has on my car.

Rear pads and discs last about half the time of the front ones due to hill hold .

16. I agree, can you please explain how it's going to wear out pads @duke63? If the disk isn't rotating then wear will be non existent. As soon as you start moving the brake releases, can't see how it'll wear the pads. Surely the same as using the handbrake or holding the car on the pedal?

#16 Bumpkin, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 10
  17. It won't, I very much doubt that hill hold will have barely, if any impact on the life of the disks/pads.

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. Not sure if bikes are the same but the car only releases when you press the throttle and thus initially the car is driving through the hold of the brake pad on the disc, otherwise the vehicle would still roll backwards.

I know this only because i have had to replace the rear discs and pads on my Audi at 40k miles when both fronts are barely worn and that is what Audi mechanic told me. Also confirmed by a couple of friends who are independant mechanics.

19. Not only that but its not a simple job to replace as the rear brake electronics have to be switched off through software otherwise its impossible to wind the brake piston back in to fit the new wider pads. Now whether that is because of hill hold or just the fact the car has an electronic handbrake i am not sure.

20. OK, my car is a VAG vehicle too, as I suppose our Ducatis are these days... :rolleyes:

Car (MY17 Tiguan) currently on 40k so we'll see.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information