1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hinckley Triumph Sprint

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by nogaromill999, May 16, 2012.

1. I aquired a bike today suitable for decent runs with a pillion....its a 1994 triumph Sprint, the older shape model with twin headlamps. The clutch isnt working as the former owner couldnt get it to bleed and pressure up, despite changing the master cylinder he said. He only changed it for a second hand unit which could equally be u/s....anyone here know anything about the foibles of the Hinckley Triples? i will replace the master cylinder and clutch line to start with for new units..I'm hopeful that will sort it, there isnt much wlse to it......

2. Only problem I've ever heard of on that model is the starter sprag being a pain and it need cases splitting to get at :rolleyes:.

The clutch actuating system doesn't seem any more problematic than any other, although I always 'pressure bleed' (either positive or by vacuum) systems rather than manually pumping the clutch lever, so maybe that's been giving the problem!

3. I had a later 1050,but guess issues will be similar. They can have sprag issues, but the two main areas are, they need a good strong battery for cranking, and need the correct oil, otherwise the gearbox can be a bit clunky, other than that they are a good strong bike, the triple sound becomes addictive, much like a Dukes noise !

4. Well chaps, I collected it this morning...the slave cylinder was on upside down, so I put it on correctly and it bled up instantly. Its now fully operational ! What a steal ! Needs a little tlc, but I do mean a little....MoT next...cant see a problem with that......

• Like Like x 1
  5. Love it when things are that simple ......... I bought a treadmill off fleabay last month so the missus can fight her flab indoors when it's wet outside. It was being sold cheap as 'spares' because it had "suddenly stopped working" .... got it home, cleaned the elecy motor brushes (took about 3 minutes), changed a blown fuse, and it works perfectly :upyeah:

6. !?! You married again?

7. Lol.....you ARE joking Lucasz.....

8. Well you did buy two up motorcycle.

9. Hi Mate
    You mebbe want to try asking on here
    Triumph Torque - Triumph Forum and Social Network

You might see some people you know on there too from time to time :wink:

Think you might've seen my yeller one at Bury Hill a couple of months ago?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. look nice in yellow :upyeah: my yellow one is now white tho.

11. She's now running fine....has a 3:1 exhaust which is a bit loud and pops and bangs a bit so I'll have that off and seal up any holes, leaks etc, and I notice what lookes like a bit of a weep from the gear selector shaft seal, I hope thats just a pop it off type seal and doesnt need a strip down...I'll have a look on the Strumpet forum, thanks for the heads up....its not my first Hinckley triple, I had a T595 track bike onto which I grafted a 999 front end........

Do Not Sell My Personal Information