1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hm 1100 Evo - Engine Warning Light

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by lordbigsack, May 12, 2017.

1. Hi, I have had my 1100EVO for less than a week when the Engine warning light came on the dashboard. About 100metres later the engine cuts out and i come to a (controlled) halt. No noise or bangs, just the engine stopped firing. I'd been riding for about 20mins when it died, thermostat looked normal on the dash.

Phoned garage I bought it from (Craigs Honda, Shipley) and they have arranged collection straight away. Wondered if this is a known issue or something anyone else has had happen.

I appreciate theres not alot to go on here.

TIA

2. Sorry not much help - but no never had any such issue with my Evo SP

However - service last week found my exhaust valve shims were very tight!

3. To Close this off, the F**** Dealer (Craigs Honda, Shipley) After having my bike for 9days and getting their master mechanic to look at it they diagnosed it as something else.

It broke down again on me couple of days later (pulling out of a junction onto a busy A road) and Visual inspection of wiring revealed it to be a loose negative terminal to the battery. It looked fine but give it a wiggle and its floating on the bolt.

They had forgotten to tighten the negative terminal on the battery.

Problem solved, hope this helps someone else

Now been riding without any issues for a few weeks :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Heh - yeah - they do that....threadlock on the battery terminal bolts or, replace the nut underneath with a nylock jobbie....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information