1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hm 796 Seat Heights

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Guys, Mar 20, 2021.

1. I know this may be an unusual request but I was expecting my HM796 2012 to sit higher. Could anyone advise on higher seat options or do I need to go down the custom route to increase the height. I’m way too flat footed and would prefer sitting slightly taller. Being 6’3 isn’t high enough 66DC4FC7-60FC-4AF3-933C-0873A937346D.jpeg

2. How much pre load do you have on the rear shock ? The rear of the bike looks too low. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The rear does look a little low as Andy says, just measured mine and as guide for you, 485mm from centre of wheel spindle vertically to underside of Termi.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your seat also looks more ‘sculptured’ by comparison with pictures on Google. Was there a low seat option ? Andy

5. Hi there, thanks for the replies, appreciated. I’m not actually sure of the preload but I’ll check that and the measurements from spindle to termi.. I bought it privately and it came with the seat that’s in the pic and a sergeant seat but it’s not my style so switched it over. I’d actually prefer a flatter seat without the wee groove, it’s bit annoying. That being said I am loving the bike.

6. I had a quick look and measured it as 460. I’ll get more time over the next few days to check the measurements properly and also loosen off the shock. Still learning. Thank you for the feedback.

7. Hi there, just thought i'd let you know but it looks like I have a lowered kit on the bike which explains the height issue. It's adjustable so I'll make some adjustments and see how that works, or take it off completely. Spring length is currently 165mm with the rear tyre on the ground.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information