1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Home Servicing

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Sambighair, Jan 6, 2019.

1. The 749 is due a full service so ill be sorting it out myself, what's needed/recommended for it.....
    Please add anything I've missed.

New belts (@Exige I'll be in touch)
    Plugs
    Oil ( which is best?)
    Oil filter
    Crush washer
    Air filters
    New tyres

Brakes are fine and were done not so long ago.

Cheers
    Sam

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. I change the antifreeze every two years on my bikes:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Good call thanks!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Remove and regrease rear suspension links. Free off adjuster rod ends (top one can seize due to water ingress down the threads) and reinstall with copaslip
    Remove, regrease and reset fork head bearings

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Any grease recommendations? And don't say the one with Olivia Newton John! Haha

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fuel filter.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I use that white automotive/marine grease. Got a tub from eBay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I have always used Castrol LM general purpose grease.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. The inexpensive fuel pump and injector relay that lives near the battery box. Only costs a few quid to replace, and is the cause of many problems which these bikes seem to suffer with. If you have the fairing panels off only takes minutes to fit. Money well spent imo.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yep that's something that's been done! And I carry a spare one in the tool kit!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Did you do the fork oil when you did the seals?

12. Might be worth checking quick release fuel line connectors on rear of tank...I had two slightly distort within twelve months of each other spewing fuel everywhere,including going into red gate at donington park lol...easy to change

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Yep.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Get two fuel pump O rings..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Which oil do you lot recommend?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Using Shell advance ultra 15W-50 for mine,but check with others first what they use:upyeah:

17. Motul 7100 15/50 as @nelly said it was what he used.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. How much do you want to spend ? Motul 300v is a double ester fully synthetic oil which I use in my 1098R track bike and my V4 but it is eye wateringly expensive. Motul 7100 is still fully synthetic and gets put in my Multistrada, my girlfriend’s Diavel and her NC29 400RR track bike and is cheaper. To be fair, most major brand and some own brand oils will do the job if they conform to the right specification. Opie Oils is a good place to look at what’s available. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. 300V on eBay £48.95 (buy 2 get 5% off) with Opie Oils, you might get cheaper if you go direct...

20. I use 300v, expensive but cheaper than engine wear. :)

(if it's the first change then that's what was in it - green stuff)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information