1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homologation Series

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by mike clark, May 23, 2020.

1. Hi Folks

I have owned a 916 SPS from a brand new import from Holland since August 98. The imported bike was 1st registered in January 1999. I know its part of a homologated series my but my small yoke plate number has gone down the road somewhere.
    Is there anywhere I can enquire to get a new plate with my chassis number, and also find out history on my bike, when it was built, is it worth a few bob ?

2. Afternoon clarky where’s our pictures we like them, we also like bins, include them with your bike :)

Welcome into our mad house

3. Welcome Mike 916 SPS is worth a few quid 1 owner from new I guess - I’d offer £500 for it with out the pics

4. Ok mate no offer......lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Here you go Ducbird

Ducati 1.jpg

Original Wheels.jpg

Rear End.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. Lovely :)

Now what about my bin :D

7. bin, gimme a clue please

8. 9A31AAC8-529D-4A81-BCE7-53CEF43F2779.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. ok i can take it when the rain goes off, probably 2021:joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don’t forget :)

11. The chassis number wasn't on the plaque :)

12. welcome mike'

13. Welcome to the forum

14. Welcome to the Forum Mike:upyeah:

With a bit of luck @Messer may come along now and he may be able to help you with the plaque request. He may even be able to help on the value as he's becoming a bit of an expert in buying and selling them now.

15. on the 98 the plaque is just stuck on and not riveted, so loads have ultimately ended up missing unfortunately. You would think no biggie, but you cannot get a replacement.

ducati never recorded a series number on the plaque against any registry of bikes at all. They kept a record of chassis numbers to know what left the factory as what, but that’s about it. You would be good emailing Ducati to get them to verify your bike as an SPS as that will help.

The bikes that are fetching the top money are bone stock standard bikes, plaque in tact. If you are selling, I can almost guarantee you will get the Internet know all’s who will tell you this is wrong, that’s wrong, no plaque it must be fake etc etc even though you know it’s kosher. There are so many out there who want to pick at stuff, and the lack of plaque is fuel for their fire.

I had a small run of plaques made for my 98 SPS and some others but they have all gone now.

and if you are selling I’d put it back to standard where possible but be prepared for people wanting to know what date your underpants were made and having no interest in the bike :joy:

can’t you tell I went through the mill when I sold my 98, and it was a beautiful standard bike but had no plaque.

I sold my 98 in perfect shape minus original plaque last year for 13k but had so much messing around and idiots.

lovely bike by the way!

tony

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yes but it fell off. I have the chassis number on the v5 anyway but who can issue a new yoke plate with the homologstion series number ?

17. Ah, getting mixed up - thought you meant your Yoke Plaque? i.e. it's supposed build number on the top yoke.
    You mean the sticker on the head stock? Can you put an example picture up?

20. Tony, thanks for update mate

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information