1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Cars

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nothingbettertodo, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Dear Mr Honda, I have been a Honda car fan for many years but I'm afraid you have lost your way. Look at your own catalogue. Your cars are DULL. Look at your 1999 catalogue and your cars were exciting. This may explain why you are in trouble with sales in Europe.

The last decent offering you made was the S2000 and you committed Hari Kiri by ceasing manufacture of that in your insane pursuit of eco-cars. :frown:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Civic type R is not a dull car.

3. They don't make it any more and it isn't particularly stylish especially sat next to it's older brothers.

4. Hmmm disagree, the original type R's (Integra, Civic - Jap only, Accord) were true raw cars, I had the original Integra type R and I'd have another in a flash, then bought a new Civic type R back in 2002 and it was watered down by comparison, likewise all of the reports of the current Type R's say they're worse than the previous models they replaced.

Luckily the rumours are a new S2000 or equivalent is on the cards but unfortunately due to emissions the next gen Type R's will probably be turbocharged.

And the S2000 is coming back too! - PistonHeads

• Like Like x 1
  5. The civic is a hideously ugly car.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Still....not good news however you look at it.

RIP Jessops too......where's it gonna end.....after WH Smiths and Staples have gone too?

7. I think the mainstream of Honda buyers these days are 55+ with hairy ears, but sales have taken a hit thanks to Kia and similar Korean offerings (loads of luxury and an endless warranty for a bargain price).

The 90's/early 2000's Type R offerings were the best, similar story to Toyota, all about the eco/mini vans these days, not a spoiler or alcantra trimmed bucket seat in sight

• Like Like x 1
  8. And the new CRZ doesn't look a patch as good as the original CRX et al. I have owned an S2000, 2 Civic three door hatches, a Prelude 2.2VTI 4WS and an Accord. All beautiful, reliable, quick and stylish. The Prelude was the peak of their sports car building.

9. The prelude? Are you sure. What about the NSX? Now that was a massively underrated sports car!

10. I have a 2002 accord, its an excellent car, but exciting doesn't really come onto it.

11. I've never had a Honda car, always thought they were a bit dull. Give me a good German sports car any day, preferably a Porker.

• Like Like x 2
  12. That isn't simply a sports car. That is a super car and really only stands comparison with the likes of Ferrarri, Lamborghini etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The financial services industry has a lot to answer for even five years after the house of cards collapsed. I can't believe they haven't ever been made to answer for this global mess. They ALL deserve a right royal fucking. Fact :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  14. True. Terminology mix up. It was however massively underrated, possibly due to the badge on the bonnet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Id rather go on the bus than drive a Honda

16. My experience of Honda car ownership wasn't great. I bought a new 09 Civic Type R and the novelty wore off very quickly.

It wasn't fast enough, handled weirdly, far too harsh suspension without any benefit to feel or handling, paint chipped like hell, panel gaps and build quality were shite, driving position was all wrong and it depreciated like you wouldn't believe.

Never again. Sold it after 18 months. I should've bought the Focus ST that I set out to buy.

#16 andyp79, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  17. Without Staples, WH Smith are just so many sheets of paper!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Started with Woolworths

Pick & Mix from WHSmiths was Never going to be the same

What were they thinking

• Like Like x 1
  19. Paint chipping is a problem with most cars now, coming from the softer low emission paint factories have to use.

The civic type r isn't my favorite car, but is still have it over the Ford, the focus is so......how would you say.....working class, chavvy if you prefer.

20. Problem is the original Type R's were built in Japan, jeez the integra's engine was hand built mated to a hand built gearbox to the point where no two were supposedly the same, thinner glass to save weight, no sound proofing, no speakers in the door cards again to save weight, limited slip diff... A proper drivers car.

Then the civic comes along... Built in the Uk...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information