1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Grom / Msx 125

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by danwel, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Seriously thinking about getting a grom in the form of the MSX 125 and wondered if anyone had any experience of owning one.

I have the hypermotard but thought i may get some use out of a grom as i live in a small town and could be handy for zipping around on in the warmer months or at least dry months and looking around 1500-2000 on one.

2. I had one for my daughter

GUTLESS - 9 BHP? I fitted Yosimura Exhaust, Yuminashi Cams, Controller and Big Bore Kit, Fuel Controller, Larger Injector - Got it to set up on a Dyno - 14 BHP.... was OK then would do about 75 MPH with me on it.

Really too small for use unless your a small person.... novelty soon wears off...

Probably better with a larger Scooter... or a normal bike size one that does 12 BHP or more stock...

My Daughter liked it - coming off a JOG 50 scooter.... that used to do almost 50 MPH... after I was done..

Stock tyres were terrible - but all parts for it are relatively cheap...

Light and easy to move about.

3. That was my fear in that i am 6'3 and 100KG and didn't want to look daft on it.

It would be handy round town but not needed and more of a novelty like you say and maybe take the kids to school on it the odd time for the crack.

I did read that stock tyres were horrendous and there are loads of parts readily available for them

4. It’d look like a mini-Moto with you on one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yes - I am 5'7 and 115 KG and I was too big for it... two up with you just would not work...

Youngsters, short in stature and thin in build could manage 2 up

While it may sound appealing... I would not recommend one for you...

6. Get a twist and go scooter would be better mate

7. Just not sure i really want a scooter, thought the Grom looked decent enough with the Honda reliability.

I am not desperate to throw away my cash in all honesty but you may be on to something about my size and the size of the bike

• Like Like x 1
  8. I use this for bombing about the Village and narrow country lanes around the Wolds.
    removed the 5hp Honda 70 engine and fitted Daytona 150 20hp engine. keeps up with modern traffic easily. Another plus is its 40 years old

20170727_102451.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Man i had one of those when i lived in Saudi as a kid and used to bomb about all over the compound on it, had countless accidents with my mate as we were always two up on it. would love another one, that might be an option although i imagine finding one might be difficult

10. Honda are bringing a new version of it out this year... may already be out.... but even smaller than MSX

11. Oh wow that would have been ideal although if it is smaller than the msx probably not for me then lol

12. That is cool lol

13. An Adventure Scooter

750cc Engine - but £8500 to £9000

upload_2018-11-15_9-43-9.png

14. too much for what i want to spend. i have a "proper bike" as such but want a little toy for messing about on and that i would use in town for dotting around as traffic where i live can be rubbish

15. Suzuki vanvans are great for around town

16. These look really good value used. A full sized bike. Derbi mulhacen. Yamaha 650 single motor.

7553CBA5-E2D5-4D0B-B8FF-1109633A73A2.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information