1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Ns400r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Android853sp, Apr 24, 2017.

1. A rare mid 80s bike but any chance anyone here has experience of it ? Andy

2. Sorry-I've an NSR250R, not the 400

3. I got one, 1986 original UK bike in Rothman's livery. Don't know how to put picture in post but there's one in my album.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. How do you find it to ride ? I'm told it was ahead of its time and pre dates the NC29/30 success. Little recognition as too few sold. Andy

5. Drag and drop if on a PC or Lap Top :)

6. I'll get on comp and give it a go but don't hold your breath, worlds biggest techno numpty, prefer nuts and bolts. :mask:

7. Yayyyyyy! every day's a school day. [​IMG] cheers Exige.

Andy, It's a real fun little bike to ride, very light and compact with decent brakes. Performance wise I can't really give you a comparison against RD Yams and RG Suzukis as I've never ridden them. Very tame and quite tractable at lower revs but comes alive at around 7k and takes off quite rapidly (for an 80's 400), always brings a smile to my face. Not long after getting it I had a tear up round some twisties with a guy on an oldish cb600 and for a few minutes I was back on my TZ350, throttle wide open, late braking and hanging off through the bends. Overall it did really well against a bigger newer bike and while I didn't get past him he didn't leave me behind either.
    Fair few tuning parts and tips around if you really want to make it fly but depends on your wallet. Best places to look are wwwclassicracereplicas.com and NS400R.co.uk forum.
    Overall it's a graet little bike and due to never selling in big numbers has remained largely under the radar.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Sounds great, thank you. Andy

9. No problem, we're not a million miles apart so maybe meet up and give it a go? Work patterns a bit erratic at the moment so might take a little while to sort out but sure can do something.

10. Appreciate that. Been looking at an import from Europe and it tickled my curiosity especially as my girlfriend runs an NC29. I'm retired now so most of my time is mine and always happy to have a run out. Andy

11. I had an RD350LC back in the days and was fortunate enough to have a few goes on the NS400. In a nutshell the LC was a hoot to ride, the NS, well that was more focused for sure and if I had my time again, the NS would have been on my list. Brilliant bike in it's day. In fact I'm casually looking for a couple of retro strokers. RGV250 and an NS400R in HRC colours (saw a mint one a while ago, but timing wasn't right and was £10k though!!! :eek:) Out of the two, the NS would be the one I'd get first. :upyeah:

fons_ns400r 005.jpg

#11 ResB1299, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information