1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda S2000 GT edition

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by freshage, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Anyone own one? Just a general question. If so, may I ask you a huge list of questions?

Oh and in before 'Hairdressers car!' haha.

2. Yeh, had an S2000 for a while, loved what it looked like in the garage BUT the Vtec engine was grim. It had low torque in the lower ranges of revs which meant when uphills/slopes were reached it slowed too much and I needed to give it a lot more throttle or change down. The wife thought it was great. I got rid of it because driving pleasure was too low. Sorry.

3. Great cars just need a few mods to free up some power!

4. Test drove one and dismissed it - you had to rev the nuts off it before the VTEC kicked in - too much like hard work for day to day use - bought a Boxster instead....at the time.

5. Yes, we tested a Boxster and it was a joy to drive, a bit expensive though new. We eventually gave up on performance cars since on Devon and Cornwall's roads we always seemed to be in a queue of cars anyhow. At least with the bikes we can get past them easier.

6. I had an early one, without the TC. I loved it. The fun starts at 6k revs, so just keep the motor spinning. I've had countless Mercs, Beemers, Jeep, and other high end marques, but the build quality of the Honda put them all to shame. The gearbox is the slickest of any car I've driven and the power delivery is gorgeous. They destroy tyres though without the TC. I used to get 9k from a set of four.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information