1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cafe Racer Honest Opinions

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by MaDProFF, Apr 13, 2019.

1. I must admit I do love the look of this bike. and feeling a little guilt as not riding a Ducati at the moment. I have sat on it, and not too bad but not ridden one, not many demos of this one around.

What are they like to ride? Honest opinions:-

Wind etc?
    Performance in general?

I am only 5'7"
    Over priced I know, and I hate the indicators, would look at putting panigale ones on there.

I had a Multi S for 4 years, and a few other Ducatis in the past, monster 821, at present on a KTM 1290 Adventure S, but fancy something different.

Tempting, please try and put me off. :) but it is pretty.

2. Not a fan of any of the scrambler range...pretty isnt a word id use for any of them...eyesore of the ducati range...there, howzat....

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Yip, not Ducati's really :yum don't bother o_O:upyeah:

4. Don’t take any notice of the grumpy old gits. I’ve ridden my girlfriends Icon and whilst it’s not going to set the world on fire, it is a hoot. It’s got very little technology (which is a good thing) and the suspension is an area that the aftermarket can improve if you are not average size but overall a very enjoyable and engaging ride (on road tyres). Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Scrambler is a great bike. The marketing guff is hooey but that's stating the obvious.

It's an 803cc 2v engine, nice and torquey with realistic top end of between 110-120mph. The chassis is compliant and most of the criticism (other than the marketing) is aimed at the suspension and seat. In fairness the original Icon seat was good for about an hour at most, the others are a good deal more comfy and the newer (2017+) bikes have a different profile seat pan that's less uncomfortable. Brakes are appropriate for the weight and power, suspension gets a bit out of shape if you're pushing it but IMO that just adds a bit of interest. The OE tyres are grippy in all weathers but don't last more than @ 3000 miles.

What else do you want to know? :)

[​IMG]

Am very fond of my 2015 Scrambler Classic.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 20190311_111309-1.jpg

Had mine for a couple of months and love it.
    Comfy, suspension fine on bumpy roads, enough power in the real world, recommend quickshifter and Zorst….get one and enjoy!

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. To those that disagree and what not...its really nothing more than personal opinion...its really a case whatever you like...not for me though...sounds like the OP is convincing himself that he shouldnt get one....life is too short....i for one wont be the richest guy in the cemetary!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm very tempted by a black Cafe Racer and waiting for a test ride on the Goodwood bike!o_O can't have any more in the garage though:sob: anyone want to buy a nice S4RS?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. You know you want to......test ride asap!

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. It is only the cafe racer blue one I am interested, how can you say that is not pretty? my KTM adventure S now that is dam right ugly

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Here’s mine, I’ve put led indicators on both ends since these were taken and the race termi, it’s has a lovely growl now.
    Handles really well, more road focused than the Scrambler, love it for the simplicity, great bike and a hoot to ride

7390133D-8D67-408D-9D82-4EAE8C20944F.jpeg C929BC06-ECE3-4E32-8CE2-DB720390BFC6.jpeg 4E8E8012-1B96-4468-9B7B-40C893BCE1A3.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. That's really nice. I like that a *lot*

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. The 803cc range of Scramblers are a hoot to ride. I had the Classic and had test ridden the cafe racer twice (a day a piece). Both recommended though the cafe racer is more road biased than the classic.

I now have the 1100 Sport with the Termi full race system fitted, which is much more serious proposition. Still very much fun but a more serious/beefed up bike. Much heavier than the 803cc range too.

I’d quite like to try the desert sled but it’s way too tall for my hobbit stature.

14. An honest opinion?? well I had the chance to have a shortish ride on the Goodwood bike above, it is fitted with Termi and quick shifter which maybe make it even more fun than a standard bike?

Excellent little bike! light to move around, slim tank which to me made it more comfortable than wider tanks, light but accurate steering, surprisingly good suspension for budget items, front brake adequate, motor a smooth, free revving gem, gearbox and quick shifter superb, clutch really light. A great 'fun' bike that on paper may seem under powered with 70 BHP ish, but performed well enough to reach illegal speeds quite quickly and make over taking only marginally slower than something with more torque or power. I found the seat a little too hard, other than that no criticisms..

Great little bike! to me it felt like the epitome of motorised two wheeling.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Glad you enjoyed it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information