1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopefully Nailed Our Little Ebay Fraudster...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NOODS X, Jun 19, 2019.

1. The ebay fraudster who would post adverts of bikes that didn’t even exist with start prices of 99p and in the description either saying he was selling them on behalf of his brother or a friend etc etc. He always said in the description do not bid for the listing but e mail him direct..

Many of us frustrated by his actions reported him via the report option on the listing only to find yes, the listing taken down only for him to put the same adverts up again the next day..

Last week he had 21 adverts all saying exactly the same in a row under “ Ducati for sale”
    On e bay ..

I decided enough was enough and phoned ebay eventually getting through to their fraud dept. I told them that many Ducati enthusiast are boycotting their site now as they are totally fed up of the fraudulent listings etc and are avoiding the site because of it.. At first I was told that they were aware of such issues. However when I said how we had all reported this chap only for the listings to reappear the next day, she delved deeper there and then and said it appeared he was using someone else’s account as he himself had been banned by eBay..

I was promised he would be dealt with and since then I’ve not seen any of his ads ( perhaps he’s moved on to Honda or MV)

Took an hour on the blowerbut hopefully we are all free of him, at least for a while anyway... x

• Like Like x 19
    • Love You Love You x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. It’s a pity the police can’t be arsed / or resourced to do a proper job on these twats, but well done for your efforts X (that’s not a kiss, it’s your last name) o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Are you sure? X

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. That bloke was doing it with all sorts of bikes not just ducati.

5. I would have thought eBay could easily track, trace, discourage and ban, not only his current account, but also associated accounts including his ISP’s if they wanted to.

I can do it with accounts on here and I’m assuming their systems are far more sophisticated than ours.

Well done for trying to stop the shyster though :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Ooooooh yes :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Yes I pointed that out to them as well, she, while I was on the line did a search on his ID etc and her words were “ oh my Lord “ He had already been banned by ebay previously but was using accounts of those not being used anymore, like the deceased, and then getting deposits out of people or their details when they replied to his e mail..

I’m sure he will try it again given the opportunity.. x

• Like Like x 1
  8. Definitely .
    I've seen it on plenty of forums , where someone gets banned and then a
    new user pops-up , and straight away zooms in on that very same topic
    that got the ban, or maybe just goes in for some general trolling ...
    ..... a bit sad really .

Blocking their IP is a good option for forum admins .

eBay must surely have the same options , and probably in-house fraud
    tracing as well .
    So it looks more like they either can't be bothered , or they have some
    other reason for not doing anything , even after they've had reports !

9. Obv I’ve sent the ICF boys round with a calling card to his little Manor... x

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I bought a mint 350lc, UK, matching numbers for £0.99. Cracking!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ha.. yep your right with the matching numbers, 9&9 are a match and better still if you turn them upside down incredibly they become 6&6, so they still match.. x

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. :)
    Ive just checked the headstock. Non matching. Head stock 6, Engine 9.:eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Does that mean the engine wins 9-6?

14. Ahh so if it’s not a 6&6 or a 9&9 but a 6&9 or a 9&6 that unfortunately means one thing sadly... it’s very bent, almost to the point where it’s completely bent in half...

Sorry to bring you such bad news.. x

15. No but What it does mean ref
    9-6 it’s 10 cc’s short of being a fabled 916... x

God we’ve started something here...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sounds rare - must be worth a fortune, result :upyeah:

17. OH - checked again. It was not £0.99 but 9s & 6d. Cant be a Elsie then, must be very early 70's, not 80's. You are right, ITS BENT!!!!

18. Blimey! He’s back..

222EA5B1-9306-46F6-873B-345E2C2959B2.jpeg 46B4A2B9-CD2A-4B1B-86FF-036CCD8D0570.jpeg

19. That’s not him. The starting price us way too high (%wise).
    I’m gonna bid.

20. Inflation hey! X

Do Not Sell My Personal Information