1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Horn Didnt Work At Mot Test - Rode Home And Worked Fine

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Pras, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Any Ideas ?
    As soon as I was 1 mile down the road from the MOT station it started to work(I was pressing the button like a maniac every 10 secs) and now works every time!

I have never used the horn since I had the bike - could it have seized or something ?

2. Dry contacts... using it wets them... like mini arcing.

3. they are also prone to seizing. give it a thump and blast every now and then.

4. Fin gives the same advice about wimin

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. yip, cheep repair. :upyeah:.
    also apart from any other connection problem.
    always a possibility of a broken wire around the head stock area. work the horn while moving the bars left to right.

6. I routinely use a little contact cleaner spray, water dispersant spray or if I've got nothing else, WD40. Works for me. Andy

7. Best to check simple stuff like lights and horn before MOT to save hassle later.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. upload_2017-9-25_16-34-8.png
    WD-40® literally stands for Water Displacement, 40th formula. That's the name straight out of the lab book used by the chemist who developed the product back in 1953. The chemist, Norm Larsen, was attempting to concoct a formula to prevent corrosion—a task which is done by displacing water.

9. Vaseline over electrical connections will stop moisture & water ingress. Doesn't look pretty but its what you should do on battery terminals & all those little connectors you might open up & inspect. Any bare electrical leads should have it or some petroleum jelly lubed on them.

10. [​IMG]

11. I had an issue like this on my T9. Just slid off the connectors and cleaned the surfaces lightly with some wet and dry, and then covered with dielectric grease. Never worked again! Only joking, all was well thereafter and its worth a try for a simple fix.

12. I had an issue like this on my T9. Just slid off the connectors and cleaned the surfaces lightly with some wet and dry, and then covered with dielectric grease. Never worked again! Only joking, all was well thereafter and its worth a try for a simple fix.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information