1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horsham Piazza Italia 2018

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Sharky698, Jan 25, 2018.

1. #1 Sharky698, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. 8A74C9E3-9995-403C-9FD4-3DF079F1DDF4.png

See first post above for the registration link referenced in Sue’s post here :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. I’ve registered. Will wait to hear now if I have place.

I can see why they are doing it this way. They’ll get stuff that looks nice. Last time I did this some bikes looked like they were in desperate need of a clean. (I didn’t see any grubby looking Ferrari’s! Not sure why you’d bring a dirty bike to a display) also there were some BMWs and Honda’s that joined the ride into town. The new system should stop infiltrators!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Apparently the organisers do not know what a bike looks like as it is compulsory to upload a photo when you complete their form..... and still no guarantee that you can participate on the day.
    I preferred it when we had some say in it. However, "Elfs & Safety" were not forthcoming from Horsham DC. Hence DOCGB managing group not wishing to become liable and letting HDC continue under their own steam.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Having attended in the early days,and subsequently popped in at later events,the following has struck me.
    It appears to be veering away from an Italian event.
    Last year we had 'Custom Harleys',American cars and hot rods,Various non Italian cars whose owners had convinced the 'Stewards to let them into the main centre of Horsham where only registered vehicles were allowed.
    Perhaps due to the lack of Italian bikes the organisers decided to make the numbers up with whatever turned up.
    Perhaps the event needs re naming?

• Like Like x 2
  6. I tried, couldn't upload photo, won't give my mobile No, got knocked back.

7. :confused::triumph:

8. It looks like this is the case. I’ve had a email response about registering, below is the opening line!

‘Thank you for registering your vehicle to take part in Horsham AmeriCARna 2017.’

Not an Italian festival anymore then. May end up giving it a miss if that’s the case.

9. Usual format for this event has changed somewhat. See latest posts for details.
    Pictures posted by the council don’t help matters either do they? Whoever chooses the Motorcycles shots to post up clearly doesn’t know a Ducati from a Triumph. But the fact that they are pushing ahead with the event has to be a positive that outweighs the smaller negatives.

These event name issues all look like the kind of technical problems you’d expect from a council run website that puts on a stream of different events at regular intervals.
    To clarify, the AmeriCARna event was a good few months ago (hence the 2017 ref). It’s probably still coming up in the Subject line of emails etc due to poor technical housekeeping on the part of the council staff. These software products are often multi-layered and it’s not uncommon for past descriptions to surface unexpectedly on emails or websites. Obviously, it’s not at all helpful here and only adds confusion.

Looks like the Council have attempted to designed the application form to keep the event days as wanted, technical issues aside.
    It’s not surprising that owners of non Italian manufactured machines should want to partake in such a popular spectacle as the opening day but, let’s face it, it won’t be what it strives to be if people are intent on breaking with the ‘spirit’ of it all.

As regards uploading pictures, this could again be a technical issue related to our friends responsible for the software? More likely, from experience, I would suggest attaching pictures of a differing format or size? Size is usually the problem with applicants submitting huge (megapixel) images that take an age to be processed if at all. Or you could try polishing the bike better? ;)

I’m sure other interested parties & groups will be equally as perturbed as some here about the organisational failings, telling Horsham DC of their drop offs regarding the promotion & execution etc. But hopefully it will come together better as the weeks count down.

After all that, let’s hope it doesn’t rain eh? :joy:

#10 Sharky698, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. My mate registered and managed to send all his stored pics. First thing I asked is if any of his wife naked....he say no.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’ve just been contacted by the organisers who tell me that the problem confirmation emails containing the ‘AmeriCARna’ reference have been looked at & corrected.

Also, the cutoff date has been extended (see statement below).

I’ve just asked about categories relating to us but have no reply as yet. I would suggest registering ASAP in case there are still places.

“Final cut off for applications is Sunday 18 February 2018
    Certain display categories are now full - thank you!”

12. The event format has changed somewhat. See details on the shots:
    C732E5C1-A9BE-426B-BAA0-B7CAD3118D1C.jpeg DBAD5F4D-4152-4E0F-88B1-D5AD8501F4D4.jpeg A couple of screenshots with more details:

East St
    Horsham RH12 1HL
    https://goo.gl/maps/AfQL2RCnFio

#13 Sharky698, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I have no idea if or when they will let those of us who registered know whether we are "in" ....... ??
    I will make other plans if not :confused:

14. I’ve just been told (4pm Tuesday, 13/02/18) that there are still places for Italian Motorcycles so I expect they’ll inform all participants when the entry deadline expires.

15. Ah - right.......
    Not holding my breath, then!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mine has been accepted

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok. Confirmation emails have been sent out asking for all entrants to confirm their participation in this years event.

Here’s the letter I just received below minus my Reg No.

‘Horsham Piazza Italia 12

Registration No...*******

Your display place is confirmed!

Dear Stuart

Thank you for registering your Ducati Monster to display at Horsham Piazza Italia.

Your application to display has been accepted for Good Friday 30 March 2018.

We have planned specific car and bike display areas around Horsham Town Centre on each of the two event days. To get you into position safely we are asking you to rendezvous at Hop Oast Park & Ride south of Horsham at specific times from where we have traffic management arranged and SERV Sussex will lead you into your display area during the morning.

All cars and bikes will depart in an exciting parade from the town centre at approx. 3.30pm each day. To make this happen, all drivers and riders are expected to return to their vehicles to be ready from 3.15pm.

Your rendezvous time and display location is listed below.

Please can you confirm that you are still available and intending to display by email to [email protected] by midnight on Wednesday 28 February*

Thank you again and we will send you further news related to the event nearer the time

Regards
    The Horsham Piazza Italia team

Vehicle Rendezvous Details

Hop Oast Park & Ride, Worthing Road, Horsham

http://www.horshamparkandride.co.uk/

Post code:

RH13 0AR

Google map reference

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zA9mVLOze2c8.klXs4BOUJ1pc&usp=sharing

Access via:

From North: A24 South

From South: A24 North

From East: A272 West to A24 then North

From West: A281, A272 or A264, East to A24

Event Emergency Contact: Garry Mortimer-Cook 07917 427631
    Thank You‘

18. Just checked my emails......I’m invited too!

• Like Like x 1
  19. am I the only one that has been seeing this thread for the last few years and thought it said pizza?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information