1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How About Trading Your Bike With Another Bike Owner???

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by steveomac, Aug 3, 2017.

1. I've set this up for bikers to cut out the middleman.

obviously the more bikes the greater chance of people finding a trade and the site working.

any suggestions or comments would be great.

www.trademyride.co.uk

thanks all!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Still got a lot of Latin on the page that needs changing.

3. Do you partner with any finance providers?

If not then I'd suggest that might be a good idea, possibly two or three to keep rates competitive.

4. thank you will sort that!!!

5. thats a really interesting idea - thank you.

6. Is this like swinging but with motorbikes?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Either way you're all swapping keys. Maybe the website's a front

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Warranties are simply an insurance policy, These could be purchased to cover mechanical failures which would give a peace of mind option to people swapping.

9. Sounds like a great idea, could save people a fortune all round.:upyeah:

10. thank you, my idea is not always to swap as the values may be different but at least you wont take a bath the way you do going to a dealer...

11. really good idea, thank you

12. Hi Steve,

I think this is a great idea and I suspect that it's still at that stage and has a long way to go before it's up and running fully. My question is where do punters stand legally, if someone ends up with a complete duffer and not as advertised?
    I don't mean to sound negative, as I said I actually do think it's a great idea.

13. really good idea, thank you
    thats a really good question, I suppose its the same as autotrader and 'buyer beware' you need to do all the checks you would do if you were just buying. I should probably research third party warranty products...

15. Or contact some insurance companies directly and ask them for their input and prices?

16. Looks like a great idea. After all most are selling to get something else....

17. Fantastic idea. I would happily trade on here with cash involved either way, it helps 2 parties get on bikes they really want for whatever reason. Not so great if it just turns into a site for folk only selling bikes, but if the idea is to swap with cash either way for other bikes, then its brilliant !! :upyeah:

#17 Wayne58, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. thank you Wayne, cheques in the post :))))

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Just an idea, if it is for folks to swap bikes, might be an idea if they could put on their advert, what kind/model of bike they are after as trade ??

20. good point - I will talk to the developer!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information