1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Are They Faring?

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by finm, Jun 1, 2019.

1. reliable enough? ride well and quick enough?. just curious.
    looks good in gun metal? grey too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. I went from sports bikes to the Supersport and I genuinely feel like I can go just as quick on the Supersport as I did on any of my sports bikes.
    It doesn’t have the tear your arms out speed but is plenty fast enough for our crap roads plus I can actually walk when I get off it and my wrists/neck/back/knees/arse don’t feel broken !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. i am only seeing them in red or white. what model is this.
    [​IMG]

4. Silver or Grey :)

5. yeah that what i figured. even with my shade blindness. its deffo grey or silver.
    hmm.

6. wait for the rs660

7. v, nice, but a 660cc? did i mention the wife is off the fags?

8. dont worry, the fags will soon be back, 660cc but at least 100 bhp

9. yip, it is very easy on the eyeballs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yes, yes and yes. Not so keen on the gunmetal grey though.
    That is the current base model. You need an S to get red or white now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. i supose i could look at the specs. but much difference between the base and S models.

12. Base has got Sachs rear shock and Marzocchi forks. S has Öhlins front and rear and comes with a quickshifter and a seat cowl. I bought the base and spent the difference on panniers and heated grips then later retrofitted the quickshift.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Had an odd problem on mine the other day. display went blank for a few seconds then the fuel light came on, range read -:- and the fuel gauge showed zero. Other than that, its been totally reliable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Its the most unreliable new bike Ive ever had with the worst after sales support ever experienced. I think it will be my last. Ducati HQ UK support - Corrosion not covered. 2400 miles, less than a year old, a hundred or so over the winter and its literally falling apart. Wiring, ABS, braking system, nuts, bolts all made in the far east and assembled in Bologna I'd surmise...such a poor poor show, words cannot describe how I feel. The white bike in my avatar on one of its short winter rides.
    Ducati now owned by Audi should be ashamed. I'f I bought an Audi A1 that failed totally after only 11 months anywhere in the world, they would be jumping over themselves to fix it and support me. Instead I'm accused of neglect for using one of the products like it wasn't intended. I've lots of picture video and detail including independent engineers report.
    If you live anywhere it rains, dont take your bike out, if you live in scotland, ride only from june to july..unfortunately that advice isnt in a UK owners manual. But take it from me.

15. hmm. not good.
    i didnt get a reply when i showed an interest in one anyhoo.

16. Been riding since 1975, stay away m8

17. I live in Scotland but mine's has had no problem with corrosion although I don't ride it from the end of October until the sometime in March once the salt is (mainly off the road). I also took the trouble to apply ACF50 to all the exposed parts. It has also been completely reliable apart from the exhaust valve throwing up occasional errors, although it's not only the Supersport that has that issue. It now has the Upmap to go with the Termi so that's a thing of the past. After sales support is surely down to the dealer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I'm in Lanark, come and see mine, I'm afraid DUC UK goodwill didn't extend to replacing discs and contaminated brake fluid as well as a spotty screen, disintegrated wirng loom..I'd better stop

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. I picked a 2017 939 Supersport up in Milton Keynes last Friday. It had covered 3600 miles and I rode it up to the Ferry at Cairnryan, taking the scenic route through the lake district. I covered 400 miles on motorway, A + B roads and it is a fantastic real world bike, with more than enough power to put a smile on your face. I also have a 959 Panigale and an 848 Streetfighter in the garage, and the one I chose to take out for a run up the North Antrim coast this evening, in the sunshine, was the Supersport.
    There is no corrosion on my bike but the first thing I always do, when I get a bike home is give it a good clean and apply ACF50 to the fasteners, alloy parts etc. It is well worth the effort

IMG_E3578.JPG

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information