1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 How Come This Has Been Around Ages ? 1098r

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by d8mok, Nov 24, 2016.

1. link doesn't work

2. Tried again and no luck. It's the only 1098Ron auto trader. At £14990

3. There's one at £12995 too.

4. Neither work for me.

5. I'd completely missed the one at 12995 . It's quite high mileage though that one but looks a nice bike. Number plate sums it up nicely for me.

6. If my memory isn't playing tricks, the £15k bike was not initially advertised by Locateacar. Could be wrong but I was sure it was a private punter originally. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. I was just going by the pictures as they are the same ? They are also terrible which might explain why it's been for sale for ages.

I keep my eye on the 1098R as one day I'll man up and buy one and lots of bikes have come as gone but this has been around at least 6 months maybe longer actually

8. Decided life's to short and I've got the cash so why not try to get a mint 1098R as values surely are on the rise.

So tried twice today to open dialogue with the seller and failed. First call I made I wanted to know some pretty basic info (owners, history , condition) but he said I should call back later and he will get the info for me. Tried again but he answered to say he was with customers and would call me back shortly. That was at 2pm. Let's see if he calls but I'm not holding much hope.

9. Good choice. I hope you get the deal done. That's a cracking xmas present to yourself. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. I've been tossing three different options around for ages now. My mrs job was uncertain which put a hold on things but sounds like it's sorted now hopefully.

Get a 1299s instead of my 899

Get a 1098R instead of my 899

Get a original 916 in addition to my 899

On basis I only do a couple of thousand miles a year now I want something exciting that will also hold value over the years. 1299 will plummet in value for sure and I'm not keen on servicing a 916 bike if I'm honest in addition to my 899 and monster So I've ended up at a R. No rush though as I want a good example

• Like Like x 2
  11. It's part of the reason I got my R too... I only did 2500 on the 1199 this year as I mainly ride the GSXR for commuting/trackdays so I figured I'd get a "special" bike for the sunny days and ducati only trackdays that won't depreciate too much... and it's also a proper dream bike for me so it was a no brainer....

12. persevere to at least get the info you want, he might just be fecked off with people calling up and asking for a xmas deal on it...?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information