1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 How Did This Happen!!

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Daniel Abbott, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Cruising up the A14 and I felt something hit the back of my right foot and the car behind me started flashing their lights. Once I got to the sea front and stopped my reg plate fell on the floor!! It’s come off and got stuck under my hugger you’d think if it came off it would have gone backwards!!

A05A0BEB-F508-4724-8F89-44DAD9451648.jpeg
    01D44E40-6649-453D-925E-D488BDF58A34.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Looking at your wallpaper it's clear your not the sort to mess around with!
    Do you plan revenge on the manufacturer?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. They’re just posters in my man cave (garage) my wallpaper in the house has flowers on!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Unbolted itself (happens, lost one that way) and dropped onto wheel, I’d guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Its stuck under the hugger because the top of the wheel is moving forward so dragged the plate in as the indicator wires prevented it from just dropping off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Phew that’s lucky it didn’t cause serious issues
    Didn’t you feel yourself going slow :thinkingface::p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Only until I twisted the throttle a bit more then it went away!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. B25A0AED-7876-4314-B5BF-A4298733DA16.jpeg All sorted now new stage 2 tail tidy

• Like Like x 3
  9. Legal size unfortunately

10. Which is mine?

IMG_7381.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Had the same with mine in the first year. Bought four new plates in 3 months... Finally sorted it with a cut down evotech and bent it far enough back that it never got caught again...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Have you got an L96 at home??

13. BE272E39-5779-4920-AB8D-58B3A9434D97.jpeg
    Unfortunately not, but I do have a Remington 700 in AICS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nice to see my old bike being pampered in your kitchen Ian...my missus wouldn't let me have any bike in the house!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bit of a late reply. I had a similar issue to this but the plate disappeared.

It was due to the rear wheel touching the plate upon compression of the rear and going down bumpy Welsh roads.

Some adjustment of the angle of the plate resolved the problem for me. It looks like you new holder should be okay :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reg plate up date I got a smaller one!

6B7A78BD-7BA1-4F40-8D63-162DB4D86E22.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. I like those....what they called, number boards? The white stickers on the tail and usually front fairing.

Is it just an aftermarket purchase, if so could someone post a link please?

Whilst I’m at it, what tail tidy/indicator kit is that? If i ever get the bike it looks like a good mod as the arse is pretty ugly.

Thanks.

18. Fuck me you could shoot astronauts with that thing whilst they are working.

19. Reminds me of the incident Baron Von Grumble had. Check out 15 mins in, or about 13 mins in for Neil Hodgson's reaction. :astonished:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information