1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Keep 'in Forum' Alerts But Stop Email Alerts?

Discussion in 'Forum How To's - create an Avatar/Event/Group etc?' started by Zhed46, Feb 20, 2020.

1. I find the alerts I get on the forum and the little red flag thingy useful but I don't want to receive email alerts because they clog up my inbox.

I have looked in "alert preferences" but can't seem to find a way to switch one off but not the other.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm glad you've asked the question because I've been trying to sort this as well.

3. .....and i get hardly any in my box.:worried:

4. When you watch a thread it gives you the option of with or without email alerts.

It automatically watches a thread when you post in it, perhaps somewhere in preferences you have with email alerts on ?

You could Unwatch a thread and then re watch it but select without email alerts

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. I think I know what you mean, Settings, Preferences, un tick receive email notifications of replies.

• Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
      • and receive email notifications of replies
    • Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages
    • Show people's signatures with their messages
    • Show your online status

This will allow other people to see when you are online.
      • Show your current activity
        This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. @Zhed46 I had this issue when I first joined up and @Alan williams and @Birdie are correct. Unwatch a thread/forum then watch it again but select without email notifications.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Are you sorted?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I am thanks. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ive not tried it yet but will give it a go later on, thanks :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. It’s easy enough go to your profile you will see preferences and alert preferences down the left hand side
    Just go through those and un tick what you don’t want

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Birdie is correct, slightly confusing the one you want is in "preferences" and not "Alert Preferences"

12. Can't we have that option back (that lasted about a week) where the email showed the new content, rather than just a notification someone had posted?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information