1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 How Do You Store Your Fairings Safely

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Chris 748SP, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Has anybody found a great way to store your fairings when off the bike to prevent damage?
    Thanks

DA772F7B-535D-421E-9D5F-41E266FCFCB2.jpeg

EA7E4CFD-2206-41F7-830B-7406E9C35A61.jpeg

2. Rent a warehouse. Fill it with other fairingless 99X bikes. Mount your fairings on those bikes when you are not using them. Simples! :)

3. Just high up on a wall or shelf well protected.... just high up out the way

4. Get a local fabrication shop to make you a couple of these. It’s what the race teams used to use.

E22D74F8-3C5B-4266-873E-2BB8B8DDC853.png

• Like Like x 7
  5. It’s one thing having them on a stand in the pits ready to stick on after an off, it’s another thing when your parasol knocks the flymo off the nail in the wall in garage bounces off the kids trampoline and demolishes the home brew kit and the fairings that are stored a little low scattering debris all over the used once multi gym

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ian. Are you super posh?
    :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I hang them from the garage roof from hooks

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Low cellar ceiling here Dave. :)

9. Thanks for the comments all. I’m thinking more like u hooks or brackets on the wall, something like a pole where they could slide on the large vent. They are just so bulky and cumbersome when they are off.

10. Hang them up from the eves of your garage, put them in the loft or (as I do) store them on the top bunk in the spare bedroom.

Steve R

11. In the loft. Nothing can fall on them and they can't fall off anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Get a cargo net and hang them from the garage rafters. Jobs-a-good-un.

13. You need a mini Moto so :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mine are all laid out in the loft in bubble wrap. Only place I have the space for 3 sets and a couple of spare tanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I have an Ikea 4 rail towel rail with loose hooks that I hang them off in the garage during maintenance.
    I also have a log cabin with a mezzanine where all my other fairings are stored (1098R etc, wrapped in bubble wrap)

16. That's what I do too.

17. Buy a bigger bed.

18. Tuck them up nicely under the duvet in the spare bedroom. Better than having people over with the lurgy

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Not like this...! :( IMG_2661.JPG

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. i want to buy this, is there someone who sell it

E22D74F8-3C5B-4266-873E-2BB8B8DDC853.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information