1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro How Many Miles Have You Done?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MG1200S, Jun 25, 2017.

1. I bought my Multistrada Enduro in August last year and its just had it's 9,000 mile service. How many miles have you covered on your Enduro? Any problems so far? Just curious as my dealer was surprised how may miles i've covered in less than a year.

So far I haven't had any major problems and love the bike. I've had the rear suspension recall done, new bar ends fitted to cure a vibration, and bought the comfort seat (as the standard seat felt hard, the comfort seat is a slight improvement but is still the only bit of the bike i'm not completely satisfied with). Also fully loaded (with panniers full of gear) the bike feels heavy and eats rear tyres. I'm not a massive fan of the 'World War II despatch rider' heavy square shaped panniers' a fabric option would be great.

I suspect the depreciation on my bike will be high due to my 'high mileage'... so this bike will expensive run. That said I bought it to ride not to polish.

In all, I'm happy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. @GunZenBomZ is yer man, may have done a few on his ;)

3. Only 13k but I am not trying as I've had 3-months off (not allowed to drive/ride) & not taken a holiday yet riding around europe. But if my surgeon tell's me I cannot rejoin my HGV job for another two months. I might just bumble around france/spain/portugal/nip into andora & then head up over the milau bridge which is on my bucket list of engineering giants to see..

#3 GunZenBomZ, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Millau is worth a visit GZBZ, but don't go there in November :)
    Hope your better by the way :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Picked mine up at the start of April and just over 2k so far. Only one weekend away which accounted for half of the miles. Also had the suspension recall done. The only problem is the right hand side footrests, both of them, have had the retaining clips disappear. Don't know if they were never fitted, taken off for the recall and not replaced or have just fallen off. Only noticed as the pins holding the pegs on started to work loose. Apart from that I'd agree with the standard seat being "firm". Only other problem is the main beam flash switch catching on my Bob Heath visor wipe.

Soft luggage option https://moskomoto.com/ they do the version offered by BMW for the GS not sure about fitting to the touratech frames.

6. Thanks for the link... looks quality kit.

7. Picked up my bike in October last year and have done around 6500 miles. I have a couple of other bikes, so the Enduro is not getting as used as much as I would like.

No real problems other than the suspension being way too soft when on the default settings. Have played around with it and got it much better, still not perfect, but better. Only other problem is after a couple of hours, even though the bike is in neutral, the gear indicator says 1st - not a major problem, will get it fixed at the 9000 mile service which will be pretty soon.

Loving the full race Termi - wicked :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I hope you are on the mend, I am sure that an open road and an on-song Ducati will be very therapeutic for your recovery :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Cheers guys, working my neck muscles that feel like an elastic-band is the main benefit from biking. Doing life saver checks when preparing to manoeuvre & take road turnings ache but must be done!

10. Done 17800 miles front wheel bearings replaced, chain +sprockets. A friend with similar milage also had front wheel bearings fail. Clutch also fails in extreme heat. Bike over all is a good bike a pleasure to ride.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 17,800 is good going. When the failed what happened (was it gradual or a sudden failure?). Were they replaced under warranty?

12. 17,800 is good going. When the failed what happened (was it gradual or a sudden failure?). Were they replaced under warranty?

13. Love those words... bought it to ride and not polish

my thoughts exactly...its all about the ride the buzz the grin on tour face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Totally agree, all my bikes have had high milage and I've enjoyed them all. My Monster has over 4500 miles on it already, I've only had it 6 months, but I've been away for 3 of those. I don't see the point in buying a bike to keep in the garage! :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. I did 17,000-plus miles on my chain and sprockets (1200s), which was good, but I'd expect the front wheel bearing to last much longer.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information