1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 How Many Miles You Wimps Do This Year 2019

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steviegtr, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Put this under 1200 but any bike. So we all exaggerate a bit about the 200 thousand miles we did last year so how many want to stick there neck on the line & predict how many this year. Picture of milometer with prediction, then lets see how it pans out over the year. Christmas is only, 48 ish weeks away so how many do you all reckon. Huge prize at end of year for the nearest. Donated by the forum from all the funds in the bank... What no funds, ok well I will donate a photograph of a dead horse or something. Oh wait a minute, I spent all my cash on the bloody bike. Well just for fun .

2. I always do about the same, 8-9k miles ish per year. It works out quite well as I basically do my valve service every Christmas break from work.

Most miles in one year was 15k miles.

3. About 2 to 3000 from local runs - depends if I go on holiday on the bike as most holidays are sorted by Mrs Ex when she visits :eyes:

4. Well I told someone I had done 4 1/2 thou on the strada last year & they called me a lying t-at. I said no honestly & they said ok so you fitted the PR5 at beginning of year & it's still like new. & you ride like a thief. MMnnn. :motorcycleduc::innocent::poop::neutral::neutral::neutral:

5. Just give me the money.

6. Or better still calculate the fuel costs.

7. I’ll do probably 7 or 8 thousand miles touring and observed rides for IAM Road Smart on the Multistrada and about a thousand miles on track with either the 1098R or V4. Andy

8. Bought some right off scooter from you lot a few years back. Made a buck selling them too.

9. Remember not to Bull crap. I do about is no good. If you want the star prize it's got to be speedo pics to prove & not your mates vfr that's done a quarter of a mill.

10. On a bike, about 8to9k. Mostly commuting which is a bore

11. Would love to tour northern Ireland. I spend most of my time threading through the Yorkshire dales.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I am aiming at around 8000. Always start with a coffee at Squires. Meet there guys & gals for a ride if you can keep up, we will arrive at Fridaythorpe around 40 mins later & then Scarborough or Whitby at the whistle stop for a bite. Possibly onto Sandsend for orderves. Before a brisk ride over the hills to Pickering for a brief rest. Then back to the squires café. Do not consider this ride unless you can ride stupidly & outside of the parameters of the highway code.

• Like Like x 2
  13. There you go for evidence. My December valve service folder with mileage. I’m now about 6-7 miles over that as I took omit out for the first ride of the year to top up with fuel for my ride to work tomorrow.

14920286-97C8-4198-A3C4-62435EC45938.png

14. Think I did about 500 miles last year (on track mind) only road trip I did was to @JenC bbq do about 150 miles on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Think I went through more gallons of polish and cleaning products than petrol :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I assume we are talking just bikes..

Last 3 years did 23,000 - over 2 different multi's and 2 different scramblers.

So that's about 7,600 per year....

Down to one bike (scrambler 1100) this year now so probably just 4,000 to 5,000 in the next year..

Bike has just under 3000 miles on it... since July...

17. What is the annual mileage to be considered ‘not a wimp’?

18. Anything over 10 miles to the mot station and back :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Not so much last year; 4,500 on the Supersport, 1,500 on the Scrambler, about 1,000 on the 907ie and a couple of hundred on the Pantah. So just over 7,000. Most years a I do around 8K

20. 2.5 miles each way*. :confused:

Screenshot 2019-01-21 at 09.35.01.png
    *But another 8,000 miles on 2 Euro trips to Italy, Belgium and daily commuting. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information