1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 How Much More Is A 2015 1199r Worth Over A 2013 1199r?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dr.D, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    So I thinking about getting a 2013 Pannigale 1199R. Because 1) It is an R and awesome and only managed to squeeze to a S before. 2) It is about £4-5k less than a 2015 Pannigale R.
    I have read and read about how the 2015 1199R is a "Superleggera engine wink wink" and a 2013 is a "tart's S". But really Ducati did badge it an R for a reason, whatever that reason is, it appeals.
    So it a 2015 worth £5k more than a 2013 R, or is a 2013R worth £3k more than an S....????

2. That was a good price! The one I am looking at albeit less mileage and newer is still a couple of grand more than that one. Someone got a bargain!

3. That one certainly has been loved and cherished, but it not my cup of tea, I would rather a more original one in a way

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roberno I quite like it, I might give them a tinkle on Monday

• Like Like x 1
  5. A bit of a discussion here.

6. It was, I bought it.
    Probably a bit up on the miles for an R, (17k) but it means I can use it whenever ,adding miles,and it's not just going to sit in the garage.
    1 owner, full history, lots of receipts, and lots of extras not listed in the advert.
    I've put on 600 miles in the last few weeks, and loved every one of them!

• Like Like x 2
  7. 2015 :eyes:

8. All 2015> Gen 2's are the same. :eyes:

9. The 2013 R didn't feel like it was worth the premium over the S, there really didn't seem to be that much different, the extra 500 rpm didn't feel like it added much. The 2015> R was like night and day.

Go for the 2015> R

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. A simple answer to the ops question, this much better...

30849DE6-631D-4FB9-A4A9-B9BCCD4ECD5C.jpeg

(Still can’t afford a new carpet) :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. A good wool carpet will last for years, my grand parents used to say o_O. Raid that piggy bank ( for the carpet!) :astonished:

12. I've seen that carpet before on Time Team....

13. That's put me off my lunch, by getting a glimpse of Grandma Elsie's carpet :cold_sweat:

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Unfortunately when you buy Ducati’s it has to last forever :thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information