1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Please To Remove The Middle Triple From The Headstock

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Noods, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Brains and expierience needed please..

image.jpeg
    I'm wishing to remove the middle triple clamp from my 796 frames headstock .. Could someone please advise on how to do this correctly .. Many thanks ..

image.jpeg

2. Middle triple clamp??

They're usually referred to as top and bottom (upper and lower) - you've already removed the top triple clamp (yoke) - the bottom one is held on by that special threaded nut with the 8 holes. Once that's removed, the bottom clamp will slide out.

You'll either need a special tool to remove it, or you might be able to get away with using a pin wrench.

If you want to borrow a tool, let me know.

3. Ah sorry I didn't know the correct teminology for which clamp it might be as I'd already removed the clamps which support the lower part of the forks so I went for middle lol..
    I did wonder if it was to do with that centre off centre slot? I guess it also takes up play in the headstock bearings yes?

4. Yep, that's right. Has to be torqued up to a certain spec and then backed off by a certain number of degrees IIRC.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information