1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 How To Fit?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by boris, Oct 22, 2018.

1. I have buy this iteam and dont know how ti fit

s-l1600.jpg

2. Is it one of the rear head covers? If so, I would leave it off because it looks better without it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sticky tape? :thinkingface:

4. You basically just push them into the gap and then the two screws fix it to the head. I wouldn’t bother though.
    (You might have to undo the rear subframe to get them in.... I can’t remember because mine was already off when I removed them).

5. It is the orange piece in this diagram. Looks like it is held by 3 screws (bolts... whatever!), 2 that are in your piece, the other one through the cutout near the bottom (just down by the shock spring).
    DDF9AD70-5D8C-4039-A340-B455764BA1F1.jpeg

6. Just taken mine off..

The one in the pic seems to have a broken slide in type locating tab too.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. I removed mine ages ago to remove them you just need to prop the tank up to get to the screws

8. Depends what bike you have. I'm pretty sure these only appeared on the 1199 in 2013. I don't think the 2012 had them.
    I think the 2013 rocker cover has modified bolts to which this cover fits, and the bolts have a spacer to keep the plastic away from the engine.
    TBH personally I'd leave them off. Panigales need all the free moving air around the engine they can get.

9. its 2012

10. As stated, 2012 models did not have any fitted, I have always taken mine off as I think they look shit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information