1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Keep The Diavel 1260 In Pristine Condition

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by PeVe, May 6, 2019.

1. So my diavel is arriving shortly, but I’m quite mental about wanting to keep it in perfect condition.
    Since I’ll be commuting a lot with it I was thinking some extra TLC is needed.
    I’ve heated about some shop using Gyeon mohs products, but don’t really know where to start. There is quite a bit of products and difficult to see the forest through the trees. Anybody with ideas which products to use and on which specific parts of the bike?

For sure the engine parts are getting some ACF50!

2. Thread moved

3. Or these treatments are not worth it :thinkingface: ?

4. To keep it truly pristine then keep it in your lounge and don’t ride it.

If you want to ride it you can keep it “nice”

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Its a case - of where you ride..

If its all weathers... and kept outside.... its never going to be perfect no matter what you do.

If you ride in the dry - ride - home - back in a garage - so it never gets wet - then cleaning is easier.

As for ACF50 - you apply it everywhere except the brakes and tyres.

Personally - I ride in the dry (but have got caught in wet) and clean down with a cloth and silicone and detailer spray for the paint work after every ride.

If it gets wet or about every 1000 miles - then it gets covered in sDoc100 - left to soak for about 30 minutes - pressure washed - dried - then cleaned with a cloth and silicone and detailer spray for the paint.

2 x per year it gets the ACF 50 - around September / October and January / February - to give some extra protection over the winter from the road salt still present.

6. If you want to keep it pristine there's only one way don't use and keep it in a vac bag

7. @Simon Audi whats this silicon and detailed spray? Got a link?

8. upload_2019-5-25_16-35-39.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Detailer spray for the paint, aluminium parts, lights and mirrors

Silicone on everything lower than the tank - metals, plastics etc... spray on and wipe with a microfiber to remove dirt and thicker spray.

Then on bare aluminium apply a mist coat after cleaning with the cloth to leave some protection.

This particular silicone - is high in propellant and low in oil... so does a good job of cleaning without leaving a thick residue.

As a guide... I use 1/2 to 1 can per bike clean...(silicone) and maybe 1/2" out of the spray bottle per clean for the detailer.

So about £3 a clean with this...

The Sdoc 100 - is around £15 a litre and I dilute it and 1Ltr generally does 2 washes..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information