1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Size One Piece Leathers

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Felstmiester, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Can anyone give me any tips how to size these? That is without trying them on. Seen a cracking apinestars one piece I like second hand but to far to travel and try on.

2. Try a set on in a local dealer.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Are you able to try the stuff on now? I know a few weeks ago when I rang a local bike shop they wasn’t allowing trying on anything because of covid.

4. As said try a pair on, if you can’t then maybe someone will help on here.
    I bought a Sidi one piece blind after posting on here about sizing. Was advised to go one up with Sidi as there more Italian cut than British. Took the advice and they fit snug but will give, if I’d have bought the size I thought I needed they wouldn’t have fitted.

5. Get the seller to measure the chest, waist, height, leg etc with the leathers flat on the floor and compare the measurements to your current leathers. Its not exact science but it will give you an idea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Cheers guys. Think I will go somewhere to try a one piece on just to make sure

• Like Like x 1
  7. A-stars have very tight calf diameter IME.

If you are "average", go by chest. Also the country they are made in can have a different "average". RST are UK and tend to be a better fit IMO for us Brit's.

8. Sportsbikeshop are still sending clothing out to try on at home and return free if not suitable ;).

9. I found that fit depended on body versus leg length; shoulder width; thigh size and so on. I had no choice but to try on several. As above, get as many measurements as you can to check against your own clothing but remember a one-piece needs to be snug (not tight) all over when you're on the bike, not in the shop. Also depends a lot on whether this is for track use or not.

10. Years ago I had a set of Crowtree leathers made. Only did it because a mate knew that they had booked a hotel room (in Reading, I think it was). They measured and made me a set (which fitted perfectly) and mailed them to me a few weeks later.

Dunno if anyone still does this bit it is the perfect way of getting a set of leathers that fit. At the time, the mate was seriously into his gym work meaning that nothing off-the-peg would stand any chance of fitting!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. What size are you wanting to try (just out of curiosity)? I've got a Astars airbag ready 46 suit, worn twice, that I will be moving on when I get my act together. Could bring them to the Donington day on 11th if they are of interest.

12. How about Hideout in Essex/Cambridgeshire, BKS in Devon, and Scott Leathers in (if my eyesight's correct) Barnard Castle?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah, if it was me, then I try BKS for mtm.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Be careful with second hand,I was given a pair of Dainese trousers they’re fine on the waist but but they’re just too baggy on the legs.

15. DRC leathers in Rotherham do made to measure, just waiting for mine to be finished, measured to include Ixon airbag and made of kangaroo hide.

received_2555790098082370.png

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information