1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

821 How To Track A Tracker...

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Plasticmorph, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Hey all! So I’ve just bought a second hand 821. It’s a 2014 but only had 985 miles on the clock. It looks like it’s been well loved too.

The previous owner (with whom I have no contact) had installed a biketrac tracker. The system wasn’t used for a number of years and the sim card timed out. Biketrac have offered to replace the sim for free if I post it to them, and they’ll send it back within 48 hours. Great!

I can’t find the damn thing. There’s no accessory cables on the battery terminal to trace back so it’s been fitted elsewhere. My question to you, is are there any obvious places to start looking? Any accessory ports or places where power would commonly be spliced?

2. I have a BikeTract installed on my 1200R - great piece of mind and company. Installed by main dealer but it's up to them where it is located.

I guess you'd have to trace back from a live battery feed or switched live (from ignition). I think they are about 3-4 inch x 2 inch and less than 1 inch thick if that helps. If you find it, the unique number on it will be able to identify your unit. Format is #nnnnnnnn (n = 1 to 9)

My guesses would be under seat/tail unit, under tank or behind any headlight fairing (if installed). The idea is so someone else can't find it for obvious reasons !!

Good luck.

3. You have the previous owners address on the log book, contact him/her and ask.

4. Responses to the OP should be by PM only. I dont think it's appropriate to air them on here. We all know there are limited places to mount a tracking unit on a bike, especially a sports bike, but advertising it is IMHO a dumb idea. Sure, a determined or knowledgeable thief will likely find out, but why make their lives easier?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Good point! Having procured a boroscope, I think I’ve found it anyway. Not that I can get to it!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information