1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hp4 Race Review

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Advikaz, May 11, 2018.

1. oh yes!!

I just have a feeling that the new s1000rr is going to be an absolute screamer!

2. A mate was invited out for the launch stuff in Spain, probably the same track event as 44T. He's not said a lot yet...

3. You probably saw what I wrote on face ache anyway Paul so I won’t repeat myself

I love the engineering side of it.

4. Its going to be interesting to see how this works its way down to the standard stuff. If most of the tech etc does, and only exotic bits dont, its going ti make an attractive sub 20k package :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Doesn’t excite me at all :rolleyes: German gixer...

Pays yer money and all that...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. This definitely not the sort of bike to excite V4 owners, they’ve already paid their monies :D

What a machine. Ultimate track weapon. Can’t want for the new bike, My guess is that it’s just the electronics that are taken, which isn’t a bad thing. Just wow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sure have! And today’s the day..... woooo hooooo..... off to sunny Glasgow right now to pick it up. Get in! :grinning:

• Like Like x 8
  8. I see Ducati going that way anyway. The v4 has got to be the most placid, stable, easiest to ride Ducati superbike I’ve ever ridden.. I even likened it to a bmw for its use and rideability.

9. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had the money.

Considering the competition it's a bargain, fit and finish is miles above the competition.....sigh.......£70k.......whip round anyone?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Weapon for sure. I think they played down the new engine after 5k factor.

11. If its tuned then good luck making 5k.

Stuff like this makes a demo look real cheap lol

Think I'd rather have a superlegerra2

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maybe, but maybe they didn't.

It's not as though as soon as the bike turns it's 5001km the engine goes bang, it's just that bmw won't warranty it anymore.

So 3100 miles on a track bike, with circa 100 miles per track day, that's 30 of them with the engine under full warranty from bmw.

Considering the cost of entry being £70k, you'd have to be well off to buy it anyway, and I doubt many superlegerra do 30 track days within the first two years, at which point that warranty also ends.

Man math :upyeah::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Those crate motorrad engines are around 18-20k a pop as well aren’t they?

I’d just buy a proper race superbike from a team with change personally if I wanted something special and fast

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fuck that, if I was minted I'd buy the hp4 race and run the engine in the the ground......then depending how my various investments and offshore tax avoidance account was doing just buy another engine.

Yep, that's the plan

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I suspect a decent Bimer dealer/mechanic could 'refresh' it.

16. You’d like to think so. Bet you loose your warranty though

17. FWIW didnt Kope do over 5k miles in one season of trackdays?

Also, I'd imagine you blow a SL trackside and Ducati would be doing what they could to not honour their warranty....

18. Guy I know had ex Crescent Bookes Gixer. Thing was work of art close up, almost nothing like standard bike. Forks were 10k plus, custom swingarm, about 170kgs with oil. And almost unrideable for him. Think it cost him £25k.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. I mean after the initial warranty has expired.

20. That’s what bmw are getting at mate. Each time you replace the motor, the engine warranty starts again...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information