1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Hpk Discs

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by duc996bp, Mar 25, 2021.

1. I have been looking at Brembo fitting list for HPK discs, anyone know why they list 2 different sizes, 330 or 320mm, the discs on my bike are 330mm

Did Ducati ever fit 320mm discs to a 1098? Are there any advantages for using 320 over 330, apart from removing the callipers would be quicker!

2. Depends on your caliper fixing. If, like my V4, you have 5mm spacers between the caliper and the radial fork mount, you can choose between the two. 320mm gives much more space between the caliper and wheel rim when you remove it. I run 320mm HPK 6mm thick discs for the track and they are awesome with the Stylema caliber. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. you run 320mm on your V4 Andy? Yes I have a spacer between caliper and fork mount, so could go with 320mm too, is there any reduction in performace going with a smaller disk?

4. Yes, sure do and I’m very comfortable with them. The Stylema calipers are night and day compared to the earlier M4s on my 1098R. At least one BSB rider varies the size of his discs for different tracks and it’s not just for braking, (slightly) smaller rotating mass has a small but (to the racers) noticeable affect. Had a long chat about the potential benefits for me before making the decision but happy that I did. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have an 1198S; there are 5mm spacers on the front caliper fixings. But IIRC on the right side (sitting on the bike) caliper, one of these spacers is actually a mounting for the ABS sensor?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pretty sure the1098 doesn't have ABS. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hmm, another senior moment I think (me, not you!). You're quite right, neither the 1098 nor the 1198 have ABS. The sensor I referred to was of course for the DTC (I think?!) and the 1098 doesn't have that (again, I think?).

Beginning to wish I hadn't posted anything...

#7 AndrewS, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. No harm done Andrew.

9. Mate, you are in good company. I've got 3 or 4 posts I've had to apologise for recently :D Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information