1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hrh The Duke And The Council..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Jan 18, 2019.

1. amazing... HRH Prince Philip only had his car prang yesterday and yet today Norfolk Council have agreed to put in speed cameras on that stretch of road in Sandringham .. the irony is, the residents in that area have been campaigning for years for them to be fitted on that particular stretch and it had been turned down constantly..

So here’s to HRH.. seems like Royalty do have their uses after all..

2. Ah, so it was a speed related accident according to the council :thinkingface:
    Very very lucky he didn't kill a young family....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Will the speed cameras be on the side road from which the Land Rover emerged onto the main road, or will they be on the A road (on which the Kia was travelling)?

Heard a report on BBCR4 this morning stating that it was coincidental that the County Council were meeting to consider lowering the speed limit on the A road.

4. Seems like he was on his own :thinkingface: I wonder where he was going :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. And will it have the seal of approval;)
    index.jpg

6. Obv.... “One was going Royal Dogging don’t you know” ..

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. that did come to mind :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Coincidental, my Royal A••e...

9. I know I live in Noodle Towers at present, but, for that comment I might be moving to THE Tower.. x

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. you really think a fooking useless thing like a council could move or work that quick

• Like Like x 1
  11. I heard he was on his own too...

i cant believe for one minute that he would of been allowed out on his own purely from a security point of view...
    Queen to PPO "wheres ones husband?"
    PPO to Queen " oh we have just let him go out on his own out into the open public domain on his own with no back up"

i think there will be all sorts of investigations going on beyond the crash he caused

12. Nope, but the coincidence allowed them to pass it after several rejections - speed kills, not people pulling out of junctions at the last second. Slow everything to walking pace, it is obviously not the Duke's fault (not you @duke63 ) :)
    So other than this reckless piece of driving, what had changed to change their decision I wonder :thinkingface:

13. the timing was just incidental....it was due any way apparently

14. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. The real culprit?????????[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I will give him his do’s he’s an independent bloke!

I reckon he just told security I’m going for a drive around the estate and then said bollocks, took his chance and broke free for the local corner shop, some fags and a wheeze..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. There were stories in the ‘80s about how Diana used to go for a drive around West London late at night in her RS turbo.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Everything I have read said he had his close protection officer with him.

19. The old guy who climbed in his car to get him out through the tail gate only mentioned the Duke, he said he was surprised after holding him, when he finally saw his face and realised who he was.
    So if no one was seriously injured what was the protection officer doing while another elderly man was climbing in to the car to get him out :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. So whats the scoop? Did Phil pull straight out in front of another family without looking or was he rammed by a speeding woman?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information