1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge Big Up For Ducati Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by michel couque, Mar 23, 2018.

1. I have been insured with DI for 9 years. Today I got my renewal. It had doubled!!! Naturally i phoned to discuss this. I was told the problem is London postcode etc. Anyway, after a very long,professional yet hugely enjoyable chat, we manage to shave off a considerable sum. This was approximately half the quotes of the usual online suspects,and I get to talk to a thing called a human being.

Always worth a chat, the worst is nothing changes, but often you get good results, this is also due to the operative making good enquiries to get premium reduction.

Well done and many thanks DI, I look forward to our 10th year together .

2. Pity they tried it on in the first place :thinkingface:

3. Seems they all do now

4. I saved big time this year with them too. Multi bike policy.

5. They where over twice the price over bemoto for me sadly.

Girl on the phone didn’t even know what a 1299 was..

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. They quoted my renewal at £620. They weren’t interested when I phoned them. Lost my business

7. There’s no rhyme or reason to insurance. One year it seems as though one broker is competitive and the next year they’re not.

I personally think it’s down to the individual you speak to. On Thursday the person at DMC/Principal said that the price on my renewal form was probably the best they could offer, but would check and call me back on Friday. He didn’t. I rang on Saturday morning and spoke to someone else and five mins later he managed to get me a deal (with all the extras offered) with a 33% saving.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Just renewed Fully Comp / Protected No Claims @ £224 for a 1098R and R1 - chose the increased excess option as it allowed me to ride other bikes not owned by me 3rd Party. Last year was circa £260.
    They wanted an additional £150.00 for a little 350cc 2 stroke classic Yam but that was the underwriters fault for not knowing jack shit about his chosen carrier, so will get that done separate. Will wait and see if I get stung when I add the Bayliss when finally registered :thinkingface: but happy with the current price and the fact that they had searched a cheaper quote before sending the renewal docs out.

9. Brand equity doesn't mean much any more. I think the equation is:

Price = (underwriter on the day + rate of daftness of call centre operative - weather temperature) x 6

My R1200GS was £155 3rd party only when I was touring around the world (so didn't need UK fully comp since it doesn't carry abroad with most providers), and their auto renewal was £888! Called them and they said they wouldn't budge. Literally five mins later via a comparison site and I'd found the £155 with someone else. Go figure

#9 Heedful, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information