1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Hugger Compatible With Full Ti Akra System?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Lensdale, Jan 22, 2019.

1. We have a small group of 5 that maybe twice a year gets co-ordinated enough to go for decent rides with a night camping. Anyway, one has been moaning for a couple of years, since he had the 73mm (? he says) Akra system, I thought they were 70mm but anyhow) that no C/F hugger exists for them.

He tried one from carbonworld.de made for the Termi system but there was not enough clearance.

I can't believe that some manufacturer hasn't made a hugger for the pairing of a big selling model and a popular aftermarket system. Does anyone know the definite answer to this? If one is available could you please put up a link so that I can rub it in his face.

2. Got one on mine:

IMG_2926.JPG

3. Was it made specifically for the Akra/1098 combination? Could you please tell me the make and where you bought it from?

Thanks.

4. Well, it fits with the Akra Ti System - I guess it is a DP one but was on the bike when I bought it...

5. Thanks but he wants to buy so I need a make/retailer. Out of interest have you taken the bike on track so know there are definitely no clearance issues?

6. No, only had it on the Road last year - but someone will know - a few have them on here that may have done. Where's the clearance issue? My far Bayliss is an ex Ducati Corse backed race bike and that has one too - but has a 70mm Temi fitted but doesn't have one fitted. Why does he need one on track?

7. He wants a hugger for the usual reasons but found that when he pushed the bike at track days or through the hills etc the pipes/hugger would crunch. Think he paid some stupid amount of money for the system ($5K) so off came the Termi hugger but groans about pick-up thrown into his suspension.

8. Have you told him to eat less pies? :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information