1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humanity Destruction Button

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by camelfarmer, Sep 19, 2017.

1. If there was a button which I could press and all humans, including me, would instantly die - I'd press it.

I'd feel sorry for the animals in zoos and stuff starving to death though.

Discuss.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 2
  2. you dont need a button, just a cross in the wrong box. that way we can (some of us) say "told yah".

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Because?

Am I right in thinking you're a doctor? Isn't that against all your principles? Or are you bone idle and don't want to fix people up anymore?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Having a bad day?

5. I figure humans aren't very nice and are ruining the planet for everything else.

Not having a bad day or anything, just thought it was an interesting discussion.

I don't think humans are inherently good. History suggests that when humans get the opportunity they do horrible things to get more power, land, sex, and whatever else goes with those things.
    The bit that worries me the most is that the planet seems to be beyond the point of no return and yet people are quite happy to keep populating it and ignor the threat to their own kids' futures.
    Corruption in governments around the world is terrible. Forests are being destroyed. The oceans are basically fucked. Slavery is rampant. Animals are being farmed in horrible ways to feed to the increasingly obese masses.

I could go on...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  6. I belive humans are inherently human. Good, or bad, is merely a position from which the onlooker views it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. i was listening to a discussion this morning asking if empathy was nurtured or nature, apparently baby's show signs of empathy with other humans at 4months. so, there you go, i blame the parents. :upyeah:

8. Mmm, I might actually find myself agreeing with you, in an idealistic kind of way.

Come on, something particular in the news must have been the final straw that prompted you to post here.

Nasher

9. I've got empathy. But I figure that painlessly getting rid of the human race is kinder to everything on the planet.

10. I've got empathy. But I figure that painlessly getting rid of the human race is kinder to everything on the planet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I was watching a programme with Prof Brian Cox looking at the development of space flight and the chance of colonising other planets.Leaving aside the noble thought of humans wanting to explore-a lot of it came down to who was going to be the first to extract the unknown metallic riches on these other planets.
    My first thought was,why?closely followed by the 'So we can go and ruin another planet' and get away from the earth we are rapidly exploiting and killing.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I was reading one a while ago, that suggested empathy is present in toddlers then disappears while in the teens and reemerges in their twenties. It's why tenneagers have to be told time and again and rarely get the message.

Evolution baby ;)

13. Cox: apt name .....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. You'd have to fight me for the button. I'd kill all humans in a heartbeat. Leaving it for the animals and nature.

The perfect method is a fertility gene virus. Alas I am not a biologist otherwise you'd all be for the chop.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I've been talking to people about the problems we face for a while and it staggers me how many people don't know or don't care about things unless they directly effect them.

Even little things like getting a pug because it's a fashion accessory and a cute pet and not researching about how uncomfortable they're all their life and then not wanting to pay for the inevitable vet bills.

The other big thing has been the realisation of just how corrupt things are even in countries like the USA and here, which makes it all seem a bit hopeless.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Worry Not, The button has been pushed and we shall be exterminated instantly**.

**= Instantly in earth terms say a couple of thousand years

17. personally i have more faith in humans, i think only 55% of our population are cvnts. :innocent::)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. I want a slave!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information